Windows 10: When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

Discus and support When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I need some assistance. I have a new Acer monitor that I hooked to my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop. When I am in duplicate monitor mode everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SteveVander Bie, Aug 25, 2020.

1. When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

I need some assistance. I have a new Acer monitor that I hooked to my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop. When I am in duplicate monitor mode everything works great. However when I put the computer in extend mode, I am having issues. The monitor extends as expected, but if I do not have any activity for 60 seconds, the monitor goes to sleep which forces my computer to go to sleep and the lock screen comes up. Obviously this is not helpful because many times I am in a meeting watching a presentation. If I wiggle my mouse every 30 seconds, the issue goes away but that is not a practical solution.

I have Window10 on the laptop. I have tried ever power setting that I can think of. I know I am missing something obvious so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SteveVander Bie, Aug 25, 2020

2. extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, Aug 25, 2020
  3. extended monitor

Hi,

I'm trying to have a dual monitor, I'm currently using acer monitor 17inch. I accidentally change the resolution of the extended monitor to the recommended resolution of my laptop (lenovo ideapad s145) which is not compatible to the extended monitor, now
    the extended monitor is not working anymore.

How can I default the resolution from my laptop? Should I try a factory reset?

camcam10001, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Marika_76 Win User

When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

Monitor extend

I have an issue with monitor extend. When I tried to extend the monitor, the monitor didn't react properly, it looks like the monitor is freeze but the cursor is visible and you can moving the cursor but when I tried clicking on an object on the screen
    or use right click nothing happened. Other monitor projection works, when I tried to detect monitors, system see both monitors.

I already tried update graphics, restart notebook (DELL Latitude) but nothing happened.

Marika_76, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

1. When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep - Similar Threads - using Extend monitor

2. Monitor as Extended Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor as Extended Desktop?: Greetings all, I found a computer that I didn't know I had........hummnn.......It has an ASUS motherboard, win 7, 32bit, as an OS............There is on-board video (PCI type port) which works fine utilizing the typical port (PCI?) from the motherboard. 1).....I want to...
  3. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  4. Extended monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended monitor: When I’m using a secondary monitor with Extended Screen, the secondary monitor temporarily goes to the Home Screen when I peek at collapsed pages in the task bar. Is there a way to turn this off so the page on the secondary monitor does not go away?Thanks...
  5. extended monitor

extended monitor: Hi, I'm trying to have a dual monitor, I'm currently using acer monitor 17inch. I accidentally change the resolution of the extended monitor to the recommended resolution of my laptop lenovo ideapad s145 which is not compatible to the extended monitor, now the extended...
  6. extended monitor going black randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extended monitor going black randomly: Hello I have a problem that is very stressful for me. After Windows 10 update (before update log in screen wasn't blurred, now i have version 1903) my extended monitor (samsung C27F390) started to blink black screen. I have this problem only on my extended monitor. I...
  7. Unable to Extend Monitors

Unable to Extend Monitors: I have a HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-bq0. It has only one video port - HDMI. I have attached a HDMI Splitter box, and it enables me to connect 2 Monitors. The problem is that it displays mirrored only, displaying the same picture on both screens. When I go to the Display...
  8. Extending Monitor

Extending Monitor: Hi all, I have just bought a PC and I am wanting to extend the monitor to another monitor, however when I go to do this my PC informs me that the only display is my graphics card and does not pick up any monitors. How do I solve this?...
  9. Monitor extend

Monitor extend: I have an issue with monitor extend. When I tried to extend the monitor, the monitor didn't react properly, it looks like the monitor is freeze but the cursor is visible and you can moving the cursor but when I tried clicking on an object on the screen or use right click...
  10. extending monitors

extending monitors: I have 2 additional monitors connected to my pc, when I try to extend the display to the 3 one in advanced display settings says its not active, how do I make all 3 displays active?...