Windows 10: When using my microsoft account in WIN10 what password do I use to RDP from another machine

Discus and support When using my microsoft account in WIN10 what password do I use to RDP from another machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 WIN 10 machines FamilyPc & MyPc and both are using my Microsoft account user = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I use the pin to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kevcoder, Mar 19, 2020.

1. kevcoder Win User

When using my microsoft account in WIN10 what password do I use to RDP from another machine

I have 2 WIN 10 machines FamilyPc & MyPc and both are using my Microsoft account user = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I use the pin to log into both, so I never type in my password.

When trying to RDP into FamilyPC from MyPc, I enter the same password that I use to log into https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=settings&Platform=Windows10 I copied that from the Manage My Microsoft Account in Settings => Accounts => Your Info and it fails with "That user name or password is incorrect".

How do i determine what user name and/or password WIN10 on FamilyPC expects??

:)

kevcoder, Mar 19, 2020

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Mar 19, 2020
  3. RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account

I am having a problem using RDP and can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have my PC running windows 10 and I use a Microsoft account with a pin to login. I have enabled and configured RDP access on the machine but can't login into it using my account. My Microsoft account is bound to my gmail address and that is what I used
    to login on my PC.

What i have tried with no luck based on suggestions found around the internet:

UN: <email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: .\<email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: microsoftaccount\<email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: <first 5 letters of my email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: .\<first 5 letters of my email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: microsoftaccount\<first 5 letters of my email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

Then i created a local account just for test not bound to a Microsoft account and tried that and it logged in on the first attempt.

What should I use to login using my Microsoft account or is there no way that works. And if it is supposed to work why isn't any documentation on how to do it.

RaduSolomon, Mar 19, 2020
  4. BennyBron Win User

When using my microsoft account in WIN10 what password do I use to RDP from another machine

RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

Hello,
    I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while the PC that I'm trying to connect to is using a Microsoft account.

Upon entering the string MicrosoftAccount\L: [email protected] with the correct password no connection is established.

Thank you in advance,
    Benny.

BennyBron, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. When using my microsoft account in WIN10 what password do I use to RDP from another machine - Similar Threads - using microsoft account

2. I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...: I made sure the machine being remoted into was pingable from the other computer, that it was allowing rdp access as well. Both machines run on windows 11. I also remoted in from a different machine successfully. The issue seems to be from the machine that is initiating the...
  3. I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...: I made sure the machine being remoted into was pingable from the other computer, that it was allowing rdp access as well. Both machines run on windows 11. I also remoted in from a different machine successfully. The issue seems to be from the machine that is initiating the...
  4. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  5. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  6. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Which account to use for RDP when using Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which account to use for RDP when using Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hi, this Microsoft account usage is pulling my nerves all the time. With new computer I gave MS a chance and surended upon constant nagging "use MS account here" and "use MS account there" and "sign into MS account"...ok, MS, I WILL! Now I am using my MS account for...
  8. Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account": 64-bit PC running Windows 10 Home. We use Microsoft Family features so linking our User accounts to our Microsoft accounts is critical. My daughter deleted our user accounts and created her own local account. I'm now trying to correct what she did back to the way it was. I...
  9. RDP what are the credentials to use??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP what are the credentials to use??: I set this windows 10 PRO pc up to allow RDP access. But actually what is the user name supposed to be?? Just 'Trish Downey' ?? Name is showing under settings, user. Does it just user the user's actual personal name?? (plus password) when I go to connect, it errors all the...
  10. Reseting an account password from another account (same machine)

in Windows 10 Support
    Reseting an account password from another account (same machine): Hello- I have installed Windows 10 recently (previously Win7). I used to have two local accounts, both administrators. I have forgotten the password for one of the accounts. Is it possible to reset the other account's password from the other account? 14625