Windows 10: When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how...

Discus and support When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how can I get the taskbar buttons to orient themselves from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMc_902, Apr 14, 2020.

1. JMc_902 Win User

When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how...

When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how can I get the taskbar buttons to orient themselves from bottom to top instead of top to bottom?

:)

JMc_902, Apr 14, 2020
  2. JMc_902 Win User

When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side (long, left edge), how can I get the taskbar buttons to orient themselves from bottom to top instead of top to bottom?

When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side (long, left edge), how can I get the taskbar buttons to orient themselves from bottom to top instead of top to bottom?

JMc_902, May 25, 2020
  3. Multiple monitor alignment

I have a 50" 4K UHD monitor (4096x2160) and a 28" 4K UHD (3880x2160). The 50" is treated as my primary monitor. and is in standard Landscape mode (4096x2160). The 28" is to the left and is in Portrait mode (2160x3880). Physically they are almost a perfect
    match in this layout.

The trouble comes when I wish to go between them using the mouse. From the Portrait mode monitor I cannot move to the Landscape one unless I move the mouse to 1/2 way down and then it moves to the Landscape monitor top.

My suggestion is simple. Have a check mark to scale the edges that touch, so that the Portrait mode 3880 to is scaled to 2160 for the Landscape monitor top, as far as mouse cross-over is concerned, and vice versa. This would align the visual to the physical
    and make it easier to use.

LonnieNunweiler, May 25, 2020
  4. When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how...

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 25, 2020
Thema:

When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how...

1. When using my monitor in portrait mode with the taskbar on the side long, left edge, how... - Similar Threads - using monitor portrait

2. How To Move the Taskbar to the Left Side in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How To Move the Taskbar to the Left Side in Windows 11?: Did you know that in Windows 11, you can now move your taskbar to the left? All you need is a registry hack, and you can change the look of your screen. Whether Microsoft will bring in an update for moveable taskbars in the future is yet to be seen. This article will show you...
  3. My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...: My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar moved to the left side of my screen, not at the bottom on the left of the screen. How do I change it back? Thanks!...
  4. My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...: My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar moved to the left side of my screen, not at the bottom on the left of the screen. How do I change it back? Thanks!...
  5. How to hide the word "Links" on the left side of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the word "Links" on the left side of the taskbar?: I am moving my taskbar icons to the center. I did that a while ago and it worked perfectly, but for some reason I restarted my computer and it moved it back. So, I just did what I did before, centered them again. I did everything like i did it before but the only problem is...
  6. How to hide the word "Links" on the left side of the taskbar?

How to hide the word "Links" on the left side of the taskbar?: I am moving my taskbar icons to the center. I did that a while ago and it worked perfectly, but for some reason I restarted my computer and it moved it back. So, I just did what I did before, centered them again. I did everything like i did it before but the only problem is...
  7. White line on left side of monitor

White line on left side of monitor: I've recently got a second monitor and there is a 1 pixel thin line on the left hand side of my screen. it only appears if I'm either on the desktop or on another tab on my other monitor. Is there something I can do to fix this problem or is the monitor broken? Thanks, Lucas....
  8. Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side: When I set my two monitors into portrait mode and place them "side-by-side" which actually is "top-to-bottom", the desktop background picture looks fine, distributed across both monitors. But when I fire up something like Youtube, my browser only shows on one monitor, and...
  9. How do I place taskbar on the left side?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I place taskbar on the left side?: Like so all the icons will be on the left Windows butto search button etc submitted by /u/nikas444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glwtp4/how_do_i_place_taskbar_on_the_left_side/
  10. The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.: I cannot see the left side of my screen, it extends beyond my monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-left-side-of-my-screen-is-off-of-the-monitor/ec983493-090d-4257-ae00-4da2ecb3d025