Windows 10: When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions?

Discus and support When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I use remote desktop the language bar on the host system pops in and out of existence every ten seconds, this also changes the focus making it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmosBaker, Jun 9, 2021.

1. AmosBaker Win User

When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions?

When I use remote desktop the language bar on the host system pops in and out of existence every ten seconds, this also changes the focus making it nearly impossible to type anything in the remote desktop session. This does not happen every time I open RDC and I just discovered while typing this that it appears to resolve itself if I disconnect from the docking station and reconnect while the session is open.

:)

AmosBaker, Jun 9, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Language Bar in Remote Desktop

Sorry to hear it won't work for you. But I still don't understand, it is working fine for me, and you have access to remote computer (as I understood). Why don't you set language bar options there (you have to have languages installed)

Also docked or undocked language bar is working fine on both client and remote computer. Check that Language bar is not hidden!

But you're right, I'm not advanced user of RDC.. it is just working for me.

When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Kari Win User

With default Remote Desktop settings, I have no issues in selecting different language on remote client and host. In screenshot, my remote host is using its default Swedish keyaboard, at the same time allowing me to change it to any other installed language, and my remote client is using its default Finnish keyboard:

When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions? [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Both host and client allow me to set keyboard indepently to each and every application.

Kari, Jun 9, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

You can always use key combination Windows + spacebar to switch between languages.

Language bar setting is available under Settings / Devices / Typing / Advanced keyboard settings - here check the option "use Language bar...

AndreTen, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. When using remote desktop the language bar seems to be causing interruptions? - Similar Threads - using remote desktop

2. Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled: Hello,My problem is that it disappeared from the task bar suddenly and that "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out. When I start an application and it asks me for administrative rights, I can see the "bar" on the top right corner where it says "English US etc." but it looks...
  3. Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled: Hello,My problem is that it disappeared from the task bar suddenly and that "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out. When I start an application and it asks me for administrative rights, I can see the "bar" on the top right corner where it says "English US etc." but it looks...
  4. It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...: I have a customer who types in multiple languages, the main ones being English and German. He prefers to have his display language as English, and wants to use the German keyboard, so the simplest solution has been to use English Germany, as this also allows him to keep other...
  5. It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...: I have a customer who types in multiple languages, the main ones being English and German. He prefers to have his display language as English, and wants to use the German keyboard, so the simplest solution has been to use English Germany, as this also allows him to keep other...
  6. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  7. Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...: As a company, we have clients connect to our network using a VPN and MSTSC. Since our company has gone fully remote, many of our users are experiencing a significant number of remote session freezes which require a disconnect and reconnect to the remote session. Mouse...
  8. Using Remote Desktop

Using Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 home on my desktop and absolutely need to remote into it from my laptop. Apparently you can't do this with windows 10 unless you upgrade to pro which isn't free of charge. Do I need to go back to windows 8 in order to do this?...
  9. Language Bar in Remote Desktop

Language Bar in Remote Desktop: Bonjour, I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french canada and US English. The problem is, when I'm connected via RDP, the language bar is NOT available and can't switch from one...
  10. Language Bar in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar in Remote Desktop: Bonjour, I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french canada and US English. The problem is, when I'm connected via RDP, the language bar is NOT available and can't switch from one...