Windows 10: When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...

Discus and support When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As above question. Instead I get a letter to play I get the letter e and so forth. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KathyR43, May 15, 2023.

1. KathyR43 Win User

When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...

As above question. Instead I get a letter to play I get the letter e and so forth. Any suggestions?

:)

KathyR43, May 15, 2023

2. Volume suddenly increases when I pause and resume a song/video!

Hello,

Since I updated to windows 10 I've been having a problem with the volume in my computer.

After I start a video/song/whatever, and then pause it, the volume will suddenly and drastically increase when resume. When I chek the volume bar it is exactely in the same place that I left it before I paused the video/song, but the actual song out of the
    speakers/headphones is much higher than the volume bar shows. Then if i decrease the volume by just a little, it returns to the inital value... If anyone has any suggestion please help. I've seen other threads with other people having the same problem and
    the solutions that microsoft community "helpers" usually propose is to run the troubleshoot on the sound card/driver and update it but i've tried everything and nothing seems to work. I have everything up to date so i don't know what else to do... I need to
    fix this problems because these sudden increases of volume will end up killing my eardrums xD

robalo.bruno8, May 15, 2023
  3. Volume suddenly decreases when I pause and resume a song/video!

Hello,

After I start a video and then pause it, the volume will suddenly and drastically decrease when I go to resume watching it.

When I check the volume bar it is exactly in the same place that I left it before I paused the video, but the actual sound out of the speakers is much lower than the volume bar shows.

This just started happening and I know I haven't made any changes to my computer. Can someone tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thank you.

PattiPolimou, May 15, 2023
  4. When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...

Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, May 15, 2023
Thema:

When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...

1. When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,... - Similar Threads - videos screen symbols

2. Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.: I watch YouTube videos with my headphones in my laptop. If I pause the video for longer than 10 seconds and then play the video, there is an uncomfortably loud spike in volume for a split second in my headphones before the video returns to its original volume. What can I do?...
  3. Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.: I watch YouTube videos with my headphones in my laptop. If I pause the video for longer than 10 seconds and then play the video, there is an uncomfortably loud spike in volume for a split second in my headphones before the video returns to its original volume. What can I do?...
  4. When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...: As above question. Instead I get a letter to play I get the letter e and so forth. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-videos-come-up-on-screen-the-symbols-have/af6e4977-6eaf-49f1-8f94-8d49efb72b8e
  5. When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...

When videos come up on screen the symbols have disappeared ie the pause, start, volume,...: As above question. Instead I get a letter to play I get the letter e and so forth. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-videos-come-up-on-screen-the-symbols-have/af6e4977-6eaf-49f1-8f94-8d49efb72b8e
  6. Horse symbol showing up on start up screen

Horse symbol showing up on start up screen: Why is my laptop turning on but then a horse symbol coming up? I press the power button and a horse comes up. I can’t get onto any type of settings or apps to see if it’s a Trojan or a virus, it’s not even loading the start up screen...
  7. Horse symbol showing up on start up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Horse symbol showing up on start up screen: Why is my laptop turning on but then a horse symbol coming up? I press the power button and a horse comes up. I can’t get onto any type of settings or apps to see if it’s a Trojan or a virus, it’s not even loading the start up screen...
  8. Horse symbol showing up on start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. VOLUME RANDOMLY GOING UP AND DOWN, VIDEO IS ALSO PAUSING IN BETWEEN

VOLUME RANDOMLY GOING UP AND DOWN, VIDEO IS ALSO PAUSING IN BETWEEN: Hello, I am getting this weird issue from yesterday, The volume randomly goes up and down Volume Slider and video pauses in between. I have tried many solution like Updating Driver/Downgrading Driver and I even went and downgraded it to Windows Generic Driver. None of the...
  10. I have a workaround for the "Volume increasing and/or changing after pausing a video or...

I have a workaround for the "Volume increasing and/or changing after pausing a video or...: This workaround is in response to this locked thread from 2015 (and the many many many MANY threads like it since then):...