Windows 10: When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

Discus and support When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thank you for taking a look at my thread.. This has never been an issue that I am aware of.... but... when I connect my VPN my wifi seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tonightwetaco, Sep 24, 2019.

1. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

Thank you for taking a look at my thread..

This has never been an issue that I am aware of.... but... when I connect my VPN my wifi seems to disconnect. When I disconnect VPN the Wifi resumes. My settings haven't changed and its always been fine.

Now I see that if I enter my VPN's adapter properties and uncheck 'use default gateway on remote network' this allows me to connect VPN and maintain Wifi connection. There is a problem however, when I test my current IP address it does not reflect a VPN connection, I know its connected but seems unchecking that box does something that makes my actual IP show.

Thanks for your help!

:)

tonightwetaco, Sep 24, 2019

2. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

Thank you for taking a look at my thread..

This has never been an issue that I am aware of.... but... when I connect my VPN my wifi seems to disconnect. When I disconnect VPN the Wifi resumes. My settings haven't changed and its always been fine.

Now I see that if I enter my VPN's adapter properties and uncheck 'use default gateway on remote network' this allows me to connect VPN and maintain Wifi connection. There is a problem however, when I test my current IP address it does not reflect a VPN connection, I know its connected but seems unchecking that box does something that makes my actual IP show.

Thanks for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

I tried powering down my modem and router for 10 minutes and this seems to have solved the issue.

tonightwetaco, Sep 24, 2019
  3. EcoGex Win User
    How to connect/disconnect to a VPN using the command line?

Hi all

I have several network connections configured.

• There is one wifi connection which automatically connects to my WLAN,
    • another cable based LAN connection to a NAS which is used for backups
    • and some L2TP connection connections (used for VPN if needed).

Is there a way to connect to these VPNs via the command line (so that I can have a "Batch" File which starts or stops this connection)? I already tried to find something but havent found a solution.

EcoGex, Sep 24, 2019
  4. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

1. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects - Similar Threads - VPN Connects WiFi

2. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  3. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  4. VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep: A google search revealed a setting "when my pc is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network..." However, I dont have this setting under Power & Sleep. Was this setting removed in a recent OS update? If so, how can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  5. connection disconnects if i try to connect a vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connection disconnects if i try to connect a vpn: Hi, iam trying to connect through a vpn app, when ever i try to connect ping goes signed out then general failure is there a fix for that, i tried on wifi and usb dongle and usb internet cable [ATTACH]...
  6. Wifi not working when VPN disconnected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not working when VPN disconnected: Hey Guys, I was using windscribe but whenever it is disconnected, my wifi wont work for some reason. I have tried uninstalling the software, resetting network settings via windows setting but no avail I also noticed that if I am connected to my 5Ghz wifi and VPN, It wont...
  7. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  8. VPN keeps disconnecting WIFI

VPN keeps disconnecting WIFI: I have an odd issue when using a VPN on my windows 10 laptop I find now and then that the VPN just disconnects the WIFI. By that I mean that there is no wifi connectivity on the laptop. If I stop the VPN service (Nord or Cyberghost) the WIFI starts to work without fail. I...
  9. VPN disconnects

VPN disconnects: Hey How to prevent hourly disconnects of built in vpn? Could this problem be related to the server issues too? Im using freevpnbook address.[IMG] Thanks in advance Mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-disconnects/fd2ce66c-55b7-4b02-a27f-b03bf426bb52
  10. Fix Internet gets disconnected when VPN connects

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Internet gets disconnected when VPN connects: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Does your VPN software block & disconnect the Internet or WiFi connection as soon as it is connected? Is the VPN connected but there is no Internet access on Windows 10? if you face this issue, then this post will [...] This post Fix Internet gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi disconnects when vpn connects windows 10

2. vpn connects and wifi disconnects

3. how does vpn connects to your wifi?

4. router problem? connect VPN wifi disconnect,
  5. dashlane vpn disconnects problem,
  6. why does my vpn connect and then disconnect my wifi,
  7. vpn disconnecting wifi windows 10,
  8. when i connect to vpn disconnects wifi