Windows 10: when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

Discus and support when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasCooler, Jul 26, 2018.

1. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga.

:)

ThomasCooler, Jul 26, 2018

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 wifi connects only after sleep mode awakening

I have a specific problem. After installing Windows 10 when I start my laptop wifi adapter finds networks but despite this it won't connect to any of found with "can't connect to this network" error. Solution is to go into sleep mode and awake laptop.
    So instead of one step - to start Windows, I need to do 3 steps - to start windows, to sleep it and then to wake it. So it can hardly be called a solution.

P.S. Everything worked fine on Windows 7.

Alexander Joya, Jul 26, 2018
  4. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

1. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi - Similar Threads - waking laptop sleep

2. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep: This doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes. I just installed a fresh copy of Windows on my laptop to see if it would fix the issue. I installed all the drivers as well. It seems to be a bit better but I had a Blue Screen once.I don't know how to find that error...
  3. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep: This doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes. I just installed a fresh copy of Windows on my laptop to see if it would fix the issue. I installed all the drivers as well. It seems to be a bit better but I had a Blue Screen once.I don't know how to find that error...
  4. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wifi unavailable after laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi unavailable after laptop wakes up from sleep: Asus Rog Strix, Recently updated to windows 11. Every single time my computer goes to sleep, upon waking it up, there is no wifi networks available or connected. If i restart my machine it is able to reconnect to wifi no problem. Drivers are up to date, but i don't have any...
  6. Wifi unavailable after laptop wakes up from sleep

Wifi unavailable after laptop wakes up from sleep: Asus Rog Strix, Recently updated to windows 11. Every single time my computer goes to sleep, upon waking it up, there is no wifi networks available or connected. If i restart my machine it is able to reconnect to wifi no problem. Drivers are up to date, but i don't have any...
  7. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  8. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  9. do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

in Windows 10 Support
    do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power: I want to stop the computer to wake up from sleep mode when connecting it to power outlet. My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad yoga 3rd generation with latest windows update and drivers from lenovo website. Windows version 1909 os build 18363.778 From bios the option to wake up...
  10. Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep: Having an issue on my wife's hp laptop. Upgraded it to windows 10 and ever since it won't ever connect to WiFi when waking until I click on the icon in the , select my network, and hit connect. Even has the connect automatically box checked and it stays checked. Couldn't find...