Windows 10: When waking up computer I always get the 'device connect' sound

Discus and support When waking up computer I always get the 'device connect' sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Happens when I move the mouse to wake up screen. Just started happening and not sure why. Any way to disable this sound? I have a USB mouse & keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vampirepomeranian, Jan 18, 2020.

1. When waking up computer I always get the 'device connect' sound

Happens when I move the mouse to wake up screen. Just started happening and not sure why. Any way to disable this sound? I have a USB mouse & keyboard and external speaker connected by 3.5mm audio jack.

submitted by /u/vampirepomeranian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vampirepomeranian, Jan 18, 2020

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jan 18, 2020
  3. kobib Win User
    Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

Hi

Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound.
    I can't find what hardware change causing it.
    1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options
    • Dispaly drivers to both graphic cards
    • Network Lan and Wireless adapters
    • All Usb Adapters

2. run sfs scan
    3. watched with usbdeview program for changes
    4. scanned the event log

still a can't figure out what causing the connect sound.

2 things that i notice on wake up:
    1. sometimes the screen stays black for 1,2 seconds more then usual
    2. the clock and date on the taskbar appears later then other icons

I am fighting with that for almost a week , please if anyone have another ideas what to do besides turning off the DevideConnect sound

kobib, Jan 18, 2020
  4. When waking up computer I always get the 'device connect' sound

waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

When waking up computer I always get the 'device connect' sound

1. When waking up computer I always get the 'device connect' sound - Similar Threads - waking computer always

2. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  3. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  4. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  5. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  6. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up: There's been an ongoing issue where if my computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up, there is a consistent stuttering about every 1.7 seconds in any Bluetooth speaker or headset. The sound works completely fine before the computer goes to sleep. Restarting the computer...
  8. When i Wake Up and turn on the computer for the day i get this.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When i Wake Up and turn on the computer for the day i get this.: So when i wake up and turned on my pc logged into my acc i always get a notification saying Turn on Virus Protection. I am using Kaspersky security cloud as my main antivirus. Is it normal to get this notification?[ATTACH]....
  9. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  10. Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep: Hi Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound. I can't find what hardware change causing it. 1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options Dispaly drivers to both...