Windows 10: When will all old items from past generations of Windows be removed or optimized in Windows...

Discus and support When will all old items from past generations of Windows be removed or optimized in Windows... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The control panel is still part of Windows 10, which is a lot of trouble, because you have to repeat the lines of code for the application "Settings",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by El Barto_1981, Jun 29, 2019.

1. When will all old items from past generations of Windows be removed or optimized in Windows...

The control panel is still part of Windows 10, which is a lot of trouble, because you have to repeat the lines of code for the application "Settings", which has a terrible impact on the memory of the device, its performance and performance. (And as a fact, raising the minimum requirements). This note also applies to all other old elements in the system, which are undoubtedly very important for users, but which, nevertheless, support the way of thinking and user experience directly related to past generations of Windows. This, in my opinion, is the reason for the complex adaptation of many users from different regions to the latest features, including developments in the field of Artificial Intelligence. (Cortana).

Moreover, it seems to me that it is practical, but not effective, to give a new look to the old elements from the previous OS generations. Although I will make a reservation, because many elements in Windows 10 are not old, as it may seem at first glance, they only have a design and look going far in the 2000-s, so their proper optimization and design revision will help them become "fresh". The period of adaptation of users is very important, so I understand that many of the elements of Windows 7 are still present in Windows 10, but as the user can note that Windows 10 is very convenient and practical operating system with an intuitive interface, so the period of adaptation, if such was the case, as the idea of the transition from previous generations to Windows 10, in my opinion, greatly delayed. Modern mobile and cross-platform operating systems and APIs have greatly facilitated and improved the user experience in the field of operating systems in General, allowing the user to adapt much faster than required before. Windows 10 already contains all the necessary elements for full user interaction with the device.

I also want to omtetit that Windows 10 having a certain "philosophy" seems to most users not just a new release of the OS, and a completely new approach to the use of the device, its functioning and operation. That is why I want to say that Windows 10 has a huge potential, which was not the previous OS from Microsoft, but this potential should have independence and independence, because the dependence on the code and functionality of the old operating systems makes the user consider Windows 10 is not a new edition of the OS, and a very large update to Windows 7, and finding in the new operating system elements of the old carries a kind of rudiments in the evolution function and makes the user unwittingly wonder - "If Windows 7 has the same thing as Windows 10, how to roll back to Windows 7?"

:)

El Barto_1981, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 29, 2019
  4. When will all old items from past generations of Windows be removed or optimized in Windows...

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

When will all old items from past generations of Windows be removed or optimized in Windows...

1. When will all old items from past generations of Windows be removed or optimized in Windows... - Similar Threads - old items past

2. Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  3. Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I erase all files from my windows partition, then paste all files from old windows...: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  4. Why don't all of the items pasted from Clipboard arrive at Word?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why don't all of the items pasted from Clipboard arrive at Word?: Greetings: Re: Win 10 Pro Office 2010 Excel Clipboard I have a list of items created on Excel from which I extract certain items to the Clipboard to be pasted to, I'm assuming, "Word". The process I follow is to pick the first item I want to copy by clicking on the number of...
  5. Why don't all of the items pasted from Clipboard arrive at Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't all of the items pasted from Clipboard arrive at Word?: Greetings: Re: Win 10 Pro Office 2010 Excel Clipboard I have a list of items created on Excel from which I extract certain items to the Clipboard to be pasted to, I'm assuming, "Word". The process I follow is to pick the first item I want to copy by clicking on the number of...
  6. Why don't all of the items pasted from Clipboard arrive at Word?

7. Remove all Xbox items from a Windows 10 computer

Remove all Xbox items from a Windows 10 computer: Is there a way to remove all Xbox items from the computer? There are some of us that have not and will not ever use the Xbox on or off Windows 10. Even though I play some games they are never Xbox and things like the Game Bar have disrupted me....
  8. Remove all Xbox items from the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all Xbox items from the computer: Is there a way to remove all Xbox items from the computer? There are some of us that have not and will not ever use the Xbox on or off Windows 10. Even though I play some games they are never Xbox and things like the Game Bar have disrupted me....
  9. Remove an item from Windows menu

Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  10. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772