Windows 10: When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?!

Discus and support When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Other operating systems doesn't have any problems with 4k displays. I really don't know why microsoft can't fix it permanently. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xFinal_boss6, Dec 6, 2019.

1. When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?!

Other operating systems doesn't have any problems with 4k displays. I really don't know why microsoft can't fix it permanently.

submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xFinal_boss6, Dec 6, 2019
  2. TH90 Win User

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your response.

So therefore is my previous point on certain program's displaying as blurry when scaling is used wrong? I.e. as they'll be effectively displayed similarly to full HD resolution?

Also, if I used scaling at 200% and I wanted to watch a 4K video would it be displayed at full HD (due to the scaling) or 4K resolution.

Thanks again.

TH90, Dec 6, 2019
  3. jorjpatel Win User
    windows media player problem in 4k display

Dear Dropmans,

Yes you are absolutely right that Microsoft windows does not have proper scaling in their windows 10

My friends also have 4k display monitor and they are also complaining about the scaling issues on 4k display in windows.

However, i have a searched online and I have found the solution on the one of the website : Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) - Dan Antonielli

He explained that how to create manifest file and configuration.

But we have to put that manifest file to each and every software that we are facing problem!

The manifest actually tells the Software to run at smaller resolution instead 4k.

But still , this is not the proper solution. It makes software looks blurry on 4K display.

Please keep updating.

-Jorj

jorjpatel, Dec 6, 2019
  4. When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?!

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

First, let’s look at an example of why display scaling is needed in most cases when using a high resolution display with a Windows 10 PC. In our example, we’re using a 27-inch 4K monitor with a native resolution of 3840×2160. With 100 percent scaling — that
    is, a 1:1 pixel ratio — the Windows desktop and user interface appears tiny, and is likely too small for most users.

To fix this problem without giving up on our 4K monitor, we can adjust Windows 10 display scaling options in Settings. With your high resolution display connected to your PC, head to Settings > System > Display.

Here, you’ll see a slider labeled Change the size of text, apps, and other items. With compatible hardware, Windows 10 will attempt to automatically set this value to an appropriate percentage when connected to a high resolution
    display. However, you can manually adjust it by clicking and dragging the slider. Moving the slider to the left reduces the display scaling percentage, which will make things appear relatively smaller, while moving it to the right increases the display scaling
    percentage, making things look relatively larger.

In our example, we’ll move the slider to a value of 150 percent, which will give us a user interface with the same relative appearance as 2560×1440, which is a common and certainly workable resolution on a 27-inch display. To see how the math works out here,
    notice how 150 percent of 2560×1440 is exactly 3840×2160, our 4K monitor’s native resolution (2560*1.5 = 3840; 1440*1.5 = 2160).

If this scaled image is still too small, we can raise the Windows 10 display scaling percentage even higher. For example, a display scaling value of 200 percent would produce an image that is proportionate to 1080p resolution, or 1920×1080 (again, just check
    the math to see that 1920*2 = 3840 and 1080*2 = 2160).

The benefit of this configuration is that you end up with a user interface that is the same perceived size as the one you’re accustomed to, except that it’s noticeably sharper because each UI element is being drawn with four times as many pixels as a standard
    resolution display.

Also note that Windows 10 display scaling isn’t limited to those with high resolution monitors. While the feature is certainly most useful on these large or pixel-dense displays, a user with even a standard resolution monitor can adjust display scaling,
    too, although raising the scaling percentage too much may make the Windows user interface comically large and unwieldy.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?!

1. When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?! - Similar Threads - microsoft fix scaling

2. 1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor: I have a laptop which uses a 4K screen. The problem is that I want to run intensive programs however I can only run them in lower resolutions such as 1080p as in 4K they are laggy and unusable. The problem is that if I set my computer resolution to 1080p, the ui, especially...
  3. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?: Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display Settings" window so that it matches in size with the other two screens. Because it's resolution is so much higher than the screens,...
  4. 4k Monitor Windows Scaling Resolution

4k Monitor Windows Scaling Resolution: Hi, I have a 4K 2160 x 3840 monitor for my Windows 10 PC.If i use windows display scaling set at 100%, all the icons are tiny, but when i do a screen resolution test using various websites, the results come back as 2160 x 3840.I used websites such...
  5. Windows 10 4K scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 4K scaling: Hai, I’m planning to buy a new monitor. Preferably one with a high resolution whereas a high DPI/PPI. Online I read that windows 10 had issues with scaling for 4K monitors. Everything looks tiny and to fix that people use the scaling feature. But then some programs look...
  6. Anyone using a 4K monitor? Scaling issue when snipping?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone using a 4K monitor? Scaling issue when snipping?: When you run Windows and you take a screenshot using Snip & Sketch, do you have any weird scaling issues? I have a Windows laptop with 1080p native resolution that is connected to a 4K monitor. When I take screenshots using Snip & Sketch, a weird scaling effect happens where...
  7. How to scale Remote Desktop on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to scale Remote Desktop on 4k monitor: I have a new 15.6" laptop and 27" external monitor. Both the laptop display and external monitor are 4k. So far the only app that does not scale properly is Remote Desktop. When I RD to another Win 10 Pro system the fonts in the RD window are so small that they are barely...
  8. Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor: I saw a great deal on a UHD monitor and grabbed it, completely unaware of the issues regarding scaling for programs, particularly older programs, in a 4k environment. (For those who also do not know: this is when a program opens and is so tiny on the screen you can't read...
  9. 4k display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k display: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. Scaling 1920x1080 to 4K screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling 1920x1080 to 4K screen: Hello everyone! I have a question that I have not been able to find a proper answer to, and I'm starting to think it's impossible to do. I recently bought a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K screen. I normally don't care for 4K but I thought it would be useful to futureproof my...