Windows 10: when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10?

Discus and support when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; will microsoft ever release a barebone version of windows 10 without all those apps & extra baggage? i liked it more so when 7 sp1 pro for example or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joseph V.A.Terrapin, Mar 19, 2020.

1. when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10?

will microsoft ever release a barebone version of windows 10 without all those apps & extra baggage?

i liked it more so when 7 sp1 pro for example or even XP pro didn't have a bunch of silly apps that IMHO are a waste of time for smart people.

:)

Joseph V.A.Terrapin, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.14.0 released for Windows 10

UPDATE 12/5: New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.14.1 released for Windows 10

How to install

For new and existing users, head to Releases . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub and download the PowerToysSetup.msi installer.

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

What’s new inside 0.14.0

FancyZones

Changes:

• Removed legacy editor (along with the settings option to choose between the legacy editor and the new editor).
    • Added a settings to disable FanzyZones for user defined list of applications.
    • The editor now opens highlighting the current active layout.
    • Show the correct keyboard key for the editor shortcut (with some limitations due to the WebView control).
    Bug fixes:

• Fixed the FancyZones bug that was stealing the number keys (mostly happening when dragging Chrome tabs).
    • Fixed a DPI scaling bug in the FancyZones editor that was causing the zones to be placed in the wrong position on the screen.
    • Fixed bug preventing several apps from working with FancyZones (there are still some cases, like remote apps, that may not work).
    PowerRename

Changes:
    • The dialog can be resized (still need to finished the work to handle DPI changes when moving the dialog between screen with different scaling %).
    • Added settings to restore search and replace flags value from previous run.
    • Added settings to enable autocomplete and auto-suggest.
    Bug fixes:

• Improved RegEx replace result.
    • Fix bug preventing sub-folder items to be renamed if parent folder is also renamed.
    Other bug fixes

• fixed a bug in the runner that was causing the tray icon to not appear.
    • minor UI tweaks to the Settings appearance (icons position and margins, module's description text and documentation links position and margins).
    • fixed a crash in the SortcutGuide.
    NOTE: When upgrading from a previous version, the installer will close all the Windows Explorer windows in order to update the PowerRename shell extension.

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Barebone VM installation

Hello all Community members. I've been a silent lurker for quite a while (please accept my apology) and I hope I can contribute more in the future.

I have a question regarding the Windows 10 upgrade.

My PC is a DIY Gigabyte motherboard with Intel i7 16G Ram 1 x 2GB hard drives 2 x 1 GB hard drives with OS installation as follows:

• Partition A: Windows 8.1 boot record and folders containing Windows 8+WMC (personal), Windows 8.1 (personal) and Windows 7E (from my office) in .vhd format set as barebone VM.
    • Partition B: Vista installation (for memory sake).
    • Partition C: Debian Wheezy
    • Partition D: FreeBSD
    • Partition E: CentOS 5.xx
    All installation is in the 1GB hard drive, the other 1GB drive is for data and the 2GB for backup.

I already get a GWX notification in my Windows 8.1 vhd installation and I really want to upgrade to Windows 10.

Every time I start my PC it will boot to Windows 8.1 boot menu, so I can choose one of the OSes to work with. I need help from the community regarding:

• Would Windows 10 support the above barebone VM configuration? What I mean is it possible to install Windows 10 in a vhd container?
    • Is it possible to boot to Windows 10 and choose lower version of Windows in the above configuration (or vice versa)?

Your kind help would be highly appreciated.

R Agi Sagita G

R Agi SagitaGunadarma, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10?

New Microsoft To Do app version released for Windows 10 - January 31

The Microsoft To Do app has been updated to version 2.10.2001.28002 on Windows 10 devices.

Got something on your mind? Get Microsoft To Do. Whether you want to increase your productivity, decrease your stress levels, or just free up some mental space, Microsoft To Do makes it easy to plan your day and manage your life.

With Microsoft To Do, you can:
    • Stay focused with My Day, a personalized daily planner with suggested tasks
    • Get your lists anywhere, on any device
    • Share lists and assign tasks with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates
    • Personalize your lists with bold and colorful backgrounds
    • Set one-time or recurring due dates and reminders
    • Break your tasks into manageable steps
    • Add notes to any task
    • Attach files up to 25 MB to any task
    • Sync your tasks between Outlook and To Do
    • Group your lists together by topic or project
    Whether it's for work, school, or home, To Do helps you organize and simplify your plans. To Do is free and available on all your devices.

What's new in this version

In this update we worked on a few small fixes such as fixing an issue with printing when your list was off screen and making sure you can add tasks to your new list as soon as you create it.

We also made lots of accessibility fixes:
    • We added announcements for actions such as list deletion, list group creation and list emoji change.
    • We fixed some dark mode contrast issues.
    • We improved the announcements of search results.

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mi...s/9nblggh5r558

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10?

1. when will microsoft release a barebone version of 10? - Similar Threads - microsoft release barebone

2. When will Microsoft release a version of Windows to help support machines with unsupported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft release a version of Windows to help support machines with unsupported...: I hope Microsoft will release a version of Windows to help support machines with unsupported configuration to installWhat do you think about this?...
  3. When will Microsoft release a version of Windows to help support machines with unsupported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft release a version of Windows to help support machines with unsupported...: I hope Microsoft will release a version of Windows to help support machines with unsupported configuration to installWhat do you think about this?...
  4. when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially

when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially: when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-release-windows-11-version/9e6f1fdc-ff1c-4c0f-9c9e-cb591a4864b5
  5. when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially: when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-release-windows-11-version/9e6f1fdc-ff1c-4c0f-9c9e-cb591a4864b5
  6. When is Windows 10 version 21H1 going to be released?

in Windows 10 News
    When is Windows 10 version 21H1 going to be released?: Windows 10 version 21H1 is the next feature update for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system, but when is it going to be released? Short answer: Microsoft has not yet revealed the release date for Windows 10 version 21H1. While that may be disheartening for users and...
  7. Windows 10 Barebones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Barebones: So i should be clear about the title, what i mean is ofcourse certain things like gamebar are handy when gaming with xbox friends and VC Voice Chat. But it runs in the background so far as i can tell 100% uptime I could be wrong, but it appears to be this way. However...
  8. when does Chromium version of Edge release

in Browsers and Email
    when does Chromium version of Edge release: when does Chromium version of Edge release? Will it automatically replace the current Edge? 124767
  9. when does Chromium version of Edge release

when does Chromium version of Edge release: when does Chromium version of Edge release? Will it automatically replace the current Edge? 124767
  10. Released version

in Windows 10 Support
    Released version: So when this "10" is released will it be as straight forward as putting in a legal s/n or will it have to be wiped and reinstalled. 2041