Windows 10: When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?

Discus and support When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). I know support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020 but will the virus definitions for MSE continue... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SG_615, Oct 21, 2019.

1. SG_615 Win User

When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?

I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). I know support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020 but will the virus definitions for MSE continue to be updated beyond this date or do I need to replace MSE with something else?

:)

SG_615, Oct 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 21, 2019
  4. When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?

microsoft security essentials

No.

Microsoft Security Essentials is an anti-virus program which is
    not
    compatible with Windows 10. It was created and available for earlier Windows versions (XP, Vista, 7).

Windows 10 comes with in-built anti-virus program Windows Defender

How to Use the Built-in Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10

*************************************************************************************************

You need to do some scans.

See this free, multi-step removal guide:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/web-shield-virus/

In case you can't do step 1, move on with the next steps.

If need be, run multiple scans with each of the tools and also
    reboot after each scan.

Note: You might not need Hitman Pro.

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?

1. When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Essentials

2. Microsoft Security Essentials Detects Visual C++ as Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Essentials Detects Visual C++ as Virus: Security Essentials will not allow me to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It keeps saying there was a virus detected. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without uninstalling Security Essentials? [Original Title: Security Essentials]...
  3. MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL

MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL: I'VE A PROBLEM WITH UPDATE DEFINITION VIRUS SECURITY ESSENTIL, 'CAUSE SYSTEM DOESN'T INSTALL THEM. PLEASE I'M ITALIAN AND IF IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ANSWER USE SIMPLE WORDS....
  4. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  5. Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials will receive definition updates after support end

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials will receive definition updates after support end: Microsoft Security Essentials will receive security definition updates after Windows 7 support ends despite Microsoft's earlier claims stating the contrary. Earlier this week, Microsoft stated in no uncertain terms that the company's security software Microsoft Security...
  6. Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials support ends on January 14, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials support ends on January 14, 2020: Windows 7 Home users who protect their systems with the security software Microsoft Security Essentials will soon have to find a different product to protect their devices as Microsoft won't support the software anymore after support for the operating system ends. Microsoft...
  7. End of Support for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows 7: January 14, 2020

End of Support for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows 7: January 14, 2020: Will Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) continue to protect my computer after the end of support? No, your Windows 7 computer is not protected by MSE after January 14, 2020. MSE is unique to Windows 7 and follows the same lifecycle dates for support. Learn more about MSE....
  8. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  9. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  10. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...