Windows 10: When will MS bring bach Homegroup?

Discus and support When will MS bring bach Homegroup? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a simple home network: desktop, my laptop, my wife's laptop. I cannot get them all to see one another. Sorry, but I do not have the patience to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James Callan, Sep 8, 2019.

1. When will MS bring bach Homegroup?

I have a simple home network: desktop, my laptop, my wife's laptop. I cannot get them all to see one another.

Sorry, but I do not have the patience to go into arcane setting and services to adjust 150 setting options.

This seems to be among the most obvious things an operating system should do brainlessly.

When will MS automate this basic task that nearly every household shares today?

I just want to be able to print from a laptop using the printer connected to the desktop. Pretty exotic, huh?

:)

James Callan, Sep 8, 2019

2. change languge bach to hebrew on step 1

ge languge bach to hebrew on step 1

rizi102030, Sep 8, 2019
  3. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Sep 8, 2019
  4. When will MS bring bach Homegroup?

Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

When will MS bring bach Homegroup?

1. When will MS bring bach Homegroup? - Similar Threads - bring bach Homegroup

2. Petition to Bring Back Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Petition to Bring Back Homegroup: How can we force Micro$haft to bring back Homegroup? They and their lackies try to insist that "it's useless in Windows 10", but from everything I've researched about replacement options, it is still, far and away, a simpler, easier, and more effective option than ANYTHING...
  3. Petition to Bring Back Homegroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Petition to Bring Back Homegroup: How can we force Micro$haft to bring back Homegroup? They and their lackies try to insist that "it's useless in Windows 10", but from everything I've researched about replacement options, it is still, far and away, a simpler, easier, and more effective option than ANYTHING...
  4. Petition to Bring Back Homegroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When will MS bring back Homegroup?

When will MS bring back Homegroup?: I have a simple home network: desktop, my laptop, my wife's laptop. I cannot get them all to see one another. Sorry, but I do not have the patience to go into arcane setting and services to adjust 150 setting options. This seems to be among the most obvious things an...
  6. MS News brings up a blank page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS News brings up a blank page: If someone can work this one out, that would be great. The News live tile works, but clicking on the tile to bring up the full story to read only brings up the frame and buttons. The home page doesn't show the header with My News, My Sources, Top Stories, Australia News...
  7. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  8. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  9. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again: Hi there This "update in place" mechanism is a PAIN if it fails during the process -- this means you actually have to restore the previous image of your OS (if you have one), remedy the error and start again. Mine failed because I was nearly out of HDD space for the OS...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...