Windows 10: When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?

Discus and support When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update? in Cortana to solve the problem; When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update? Somebody know it?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by bali028, Jan 4, 2021.

1. bali028 Win User

When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?

Somebody know it?

:)

bali028, Jan 4, 2021

2. Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Features removed and deprecated in Windows 10 version 2004

Source:

See also:

Brink, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update? - Similar Threads - Spotify Link feature

2. Spotify on cortana after the 20H2 update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spotify on cortana after the 20H2 update!: Hello! I am here just to ask if there is any way to link cortana to spotify like before or if there is any plan to do so in the future! If not i strongly suggest it!...
  3. Spotify with different Cortana version

in Cortana
    Spotify with different Cortana version: It seems like since Cortana was updated, a lot of the features associated with her have been removed. Maybe I have an old or different version of Cortana, but I can't get it to connect to apps like Spotify. I've tried looking at guides such...
  4. Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1, with Windows 10 64-bit. Yesterday Windows updated itself to the Feature Update version 2004. Problem: After the update, my Elan touchpad stopped working. More precisely, it does not respond to two-finger scroll even if it's enabled in the...
  5. New Feature Update version 2004

New Feature Update version 2004: I just installed the new feature update and my Screen Snipping tool is super laggy. What's up with that? Please fix! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-feature-update-version-2004/29ec04f0-be57-4b84-bda0-21729e90bdac
  6. Windows Feature Update, Version 2004

Windows Feature Update, Version 2004: Why is my 2004 Update stuck at 99% ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-feature-update-version-2004/c502663b-a3b0-4faf-870e-672e82357654
  7. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  8. cortana after 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana after 2004 update: why did cortana go back to its old way of communicating? it is much less user friendly now! before this update i could just say hey cortana, without clicking on anything, and she would listen for my question, etc. also, she would turn off the pc with my command. now she...
  9. Spotify problems after feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify problems after feature update: Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers. I first noticed the problem on my desktop computer when I got a transparent window with a shadow edge, all I could do was close it. I tried using the app reset options...
  10. Spotify problems after feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spotify problems after feature update: Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers. I first noticed the problem on my desktop computer when I got a transparent window with a shadow edge, all I could do was close it. I tried using the app reset options...