Windows 10: When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

Discus and support When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HeathBert, Feb 22, 2023.

1. HeathBert Win User

When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen. When will the ability to move the taskbar, like we've been able to do in each previous edition of Windows, be added to Windows 11?

:)

HeathBert, Feb 22, 2023

2. Can't move taskbar on windows 11

Hi Mads,

I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

Moving the Taskbar is not supported, yet.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Move the Taskbar: Moving the Taskbar to any part of the screen and resizing it is not supported yet.

Microsoft is tracking collection of this in the Feedback, I suggest you to vote for the same in the Hub.

Something like ExplorerPatcher may help in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/restor...

ExplorerPatcher

ExplorerPatcher is a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled by putting the DLL file. Some of the functionalities the developer claims is restored are below:

Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.

Restore Windows+X context menu.

Show app list by default in Start menu.

Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more

How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/rele...

Hope that helps.

Content on the above blog is written by a Windows MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 22, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar

Please restore the ability to more the Windows 11 taskbar, just like we can for Windows 10.

Thank you!

Bryan Shaw, Feb 22, 2023
  4. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!

A 3rd party alternative called ExplorerPatcher may help you in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools - Your Windows Guide

ExplorerPatcher, a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by just adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, by putting the DLL file, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled. Some of the functionalities the developer claims the following functionality is restored:

• Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.
    • Restore Windows+X context menu.
    • Show app list by default in Start menu.
    • Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more
    How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

1. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - ability move taskbar

2. When are you bringing back the ability to move taskbar to top of screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When are you bringing back the ability to move taskbar to top of screen?: Just bought 1st new computer in 15 years and windows 11 stinks. can't move taskbar to top are you kidding me. All programs commands are at top of screen mouse now moves like yoyo up and down....
  3. When are you bringing back the ability to move taskbar to top of screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When are you bringing back the ability to move taskbar to top of screen?: Just bought 1st new computer in 15 years and windows 11 stinks. can't move taskbar to top are you kidding me. All programs commands are at top of screen mouse now moves like yoyo up and down....
  4. When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?: Removing accessibility options that existed in previous windows iterations is obviously unacceptable.What is the roadmap for adding back this obviously necessary BASIC function of an operating system?...
  5. When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?

When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?: Removing accessibility options that existed in previous windows iterations is obviously unacceptable.What is the roadmap for adding back this obviously necessary BASIC function of an operating system?...
  6. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?: I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen. When will the...
  7. when are they fixing the ability to move the taskbar?? im not upgrading till the simple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when are they fixing the ability to move the taskbar?? im not upgrading till the simple...: im not switching to11 till i can move the tasc bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-are-they-fixing-the-ability-to-move-the/ad040603-681a-44d7-acb4-ed8f818f1fdf
  8. when are they fixing the ability to move the taskbar?? im not upgrading till the simple...

when are they fixing the ability to move the taskbar?? im not upgrading till the simple...: im not switching to11 till i can move the tasc bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-are-they-fixing-the-ability-to-move-the/ad040603-681a-44d7-acb4-ed8f818f1fdf
  9. FEATURE REQUEST: ability to move Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FEATURE REQUEST: ability to move Taskbar.: I'd like to be able to move Taskbar to the left of the Screen, not just to the left side of the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request-ability-to-move-taskbar/02841651-7391-4ad9-8e41-93adc656bb32
  10. FEATURE REQUEST: ability to move Taskbar.

FEATURE REQUEST: ability to move Taskbar.: I'd like to be able to move Taskbar to the left of the Screen, not just to the left side of the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request-ability-to-move-taskbar/02841651-7391-4ad9-8e41-93adc656bb32