Windows 10: When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS

Discus and support When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I worked on a F thing but locked the pc as I needed quickly to do something, obviously didn't save. Come back, enter password and than I'm getting yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sekai Neko, Aug 18, 2020.

1. When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS

I worked on a F thing but locked the pc as I needed quickly to do something, obviously didn't save. Come back, enter password and than I'm getting yet again the request to create a pin.

Its been a long time... Tons of updates... Yet this bug hasn't been resolved.... Regardless if you enter a pin or do skip, it just return you here, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Mix that F***** bug already. People get it accidentally, can't do anything but restart the computer!

Fix that stupid bug that its enough for you to search online to see many are experiencing so don't give me a s***ty what to do because its a software issue I'm talking about.

:)

Sekai Neko, Aug 18, 2020

2. Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 18, 2020
  3. create new pin password for my account

i tried to verify my password but the screen of other virification with other mail didn't show up(step 4 of the link).

instead of it, a screen with my microsoft account login showed, i entered the right password and i still cant create a pin code...

Anatoly Shusterman, Aug 18, 2020
  4. When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS

1. When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS - Similar Threads - create pin instead

2. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password instead of PIN when starting the device: I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?...
  3. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password instead of PIN when starting the device: I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?...
  4. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  6. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  7. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  8. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  9. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  10. Unable to create PIN to use instead of my current password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to create PIN to use instead of my current password: Unable to create PIN to use instead of my current password. Tried several times to add a PIN as per instructions but kept getting error message "something went wrong. Try again later". I have done the same with my laptop without any problems but first time I tried to create a...