Windows 10: When will the Microsoft team start seriously considering Windows 10 users' automatic update...

Discus and support When will the Microsoft team start seriously considering Windows 10 users' automatic update... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft think that it has the right to reboot my PC any time that it #!$& pleases them? Is it because of all of the sleazy (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewHoy, Mar 3, 2019.

1. AndrewHoy Win User

When will the Microsoft team start seriously considering Windows 10 users' automatic update...

Why does Microsoft think that it has the right to reboot my PC any time that it #!$& pleases them? Is it because of all of the sleazy (and self-serving) legal language that Microsoft puts into the EULA?

At best, this program policy is impolite and inconvenient. However, from my vantage point, I think the policy is malicious, militant, arrogant, socially irresponsible, inconsiderate, and intolerable. And it's a form of THEFT. Microsoft has cost me more lost time than any security breach or hacker ever has or ever will. I dream of a day where a class action lawsuit is brought against Microsoft--because it seems that short of that day, unless they loose massive amounts of market share, they will never give a rip about what the end user really wants.

This auto-update-roulette costs me time and always results in lost work. Now, multiply that number my HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS and count the cost to humanity (as same thing is happening to users around the world all of the time) and to your customers - who you are supposedly serving (in theory trying to satisfy). How many people advocate for this level of micromanagement of out computers by a third party outside source? I never thought that I would say this, but I am beginning to think that the best way to fix this problem is to buy a Mac.

I've decided to post this under "Performance & System Failures" instead of under "Windows Update, Recovery, and Backup". Why? Because Windows auto update is by far the highest frequency "system failure" that my PC experiences.

:)

AndrewHoy, Mar 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 3, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

When will the Microsoft team start seriously considering Windows 10 users' automatic update...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile When will the Microsoft team start seriously considering Windows 10 users' automatic update... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. When will the Microsoft team start seriously considering Windows 10 users' automatic update... - Similar Threads - Microsoft team start

2. Microsoft Teams starts but user cannot log in: a problem has occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Teams starts but user cannot log in: a problem has occurred: We use Microsoft Teams in our organization. A user has encountered a problem with Teams since a few days. Every morning when she arrives at work and boots her laptop, Teams starts but states a problem has occurred. Restarting Teams doesn't work, logging off and on again (in...
  3. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  4. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  5. my camera does not work and open when i start a meeting with microsoft team Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera does not work and open when i start a meeting with microsoft team Microsoft Teams: my camera does not work and open when i start a meeting with microsoft team Microsoft Teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-does-not-work-and-open-when-i-start-a/0d4e6810-6c4c-44c7-9139-509878b985f1
  6. Microsoft Teams automatically reinstall itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Teams automatically reinstall itself.: Stop adverting and auto installing microsoft product. i paid for windows. it's really freaking annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams-automatically-reinstall-itself/282b995c-e0cb-46a1-b539-d5d55c64d42b
  7. How to stop Microsoft Teams from starting automatically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Microsoft Teams from starting automatically in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has a built-in Startup program manager in the Task Manager. It controls what programs are allowed to be launched automatically when a computer starts. But for Microsoft Teams, there is an entry in the Registry Editor created by [...] This post How...
  8. When does Windows 10 (1903) start to update automatically?

When does Windows 10 (1903) start to update automatically?: With Windows 10 version 1903 updates (like cumulative...) are shown on the Windows Update page once they are available, but they won't be downloaded automatically, instead you have to click "Download". When will the OS start downloading and installing these updates, if I...
  9. Why does the Microsoft team not care about Windows 10 users' automatic update and system...

Why does the Microsoft team not care about Windows 10 users' automatic update and system...: I'm yet another person who has been victimized by Microsoft's "gun to your head"-update-in-secret policy yet another time. I go to bed and everything is fine. I wake up, and "Look, my computer has been restarted and all of my work has been lost!" I have turned off every...
  10. Considering update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Considering update to Windows 10: Hello! This is my desktop under Windows 8.1. I wonder whether I would be able to set up the desktop the same way in Windows 10. [img] 64248

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does microsoft teams start automatically