Windows 10: When will the USB drive icon bug be fixed in file explorer

Discus and support When will the USB drive icon bug be fixed in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The bug started with the last update. I had hoped it would be fixed in today's updatwe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stan1968, Nov 12, 2019.

1. stan1968 Win User

When will the USB drive icon bug be fixed in file explorer

The bug started with the last update. I had hoped it would be fixed in today's updatwe.

:)

stan1968, Nov 12, 2019

2. Appended icon in some files in Win7

Looks like this whole icon thing was some kind of explorer.exe bug ,the icon changed to a Diablo 3 icon , after another reboot, it changed back to the windows media "play" icon.

Nevermind ... I remember this bug elsewhere in another situation, happens sometimes when a lot of icons get randomly choosen instead of the correct one.

FIX: because of the permissions inherition when I had the files on my desktop this icon bug happen, when i moved them to the public D: drive, the permissions changed and the problem was fixed.

Win7 always has something to confuse the heck out of you.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Two bugs in GPU-Z - missing icon and version number

...version 0.6.6. Running on Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Ultimate. Using Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 videocard.
    The only thing special on my system is I use Stardock Fences 2.01.
    1st bug - No icon?? My GPU-Z lost its icon in one of the last updates, and trying to set an icon for it, Windows 7 says "The file C:\Program Files (x86)\GPU-Z\CPU-Z.exe contains no icons. Choose an icon from the list or specify a different file."
    Is this a bug or an oversight? Or is my GPU-Z.exe file damaged somehow?

2nd bug - I can't see the version number anywhere now. Please add an About screen, or another way to see the version - it just shows the GPU core temp now.

4. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. When will the USB drive icon bug be fixed in file explorer - Similar Threads - USB drive icon

2. Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer: hi, I see the wrong pen drive icon, like that of an exe file. the problem only appears in the file explorer, because in the disk management I see the right icon....
  3. Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer: hi, I see the wrong pen drive icon, like that of an exe file. the problem only appears in the file explorer, because in the disk management I see the right icon....
  4. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  5. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  6. Bug: File Explorer is not showing "extra large icons"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug: File Explorer is not showing "extra large icons": In File Explorer, the “Extra large icons” setting isnot working with a Dell XPS 15, Windows 10, 3840 x 2400. It displays icons in the same size as “Large icons.” It increases thespace around each icon but does not increase the icon size. If I move File Explorer to a 25”...
  7. File Explorer- USB Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer- USB Icon: When I view a USB drive icon in file explorer it shows a red bar indicating data on the drive where the other drives show a light blue. The drive has 1.74 GB of open space on a 32 GB drive. The drive seems to function correctly and I've scanned it for viruses and there...
  8. File Explorer and usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and usb flash drive: I had a virus that i used Reimage Repair to fix. When i went to file explorer the folder is empty in the usb flash drive so my files arent being saved. What do i do now?...
  9. One Drive Icon On The File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Icon On The File Explorer: What is the meaning of Blue Arrows Icons on the files. I unlinked my pc from OneDrive and I closed OneDrive but they are still on the file explorer. I tried to edit Registry file but I could not find the {018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} I also contacted with the Support...
  10. Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?: [img] any idea to fix this ? 82578