Windows 10: When will there ever to be alternative

Discus and support When will there ever to be alternative in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Did a fresh windows install for a new ssd, worked for a whole 6 days, Windows did a update, no longer could open apps, no longer had a 4 digit pin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Asriel_F, Jan 13, 2021.

1. When will there ever to be alternative

Did a fresh windows install for a new ssd, worked for a whole 6 days, Windows did a update, no longer could open apps, no longer had a 4 digit pin, screen flicker, WiFi down, all .exe files gone, mouse driver missing. Why even bother call it an update. There’s already ads, uneeded files and services, windows 10 is is taking to many notes from Facebook. If Linus made a easy package manger and increased compatibility, it would make the perfect os

submitted by /u/Asriel_F
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Asriel_F, Jan 13, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Forum upgrade complete

Hey W1z, any comment on alternating row colors to make things easier to read in the thread lists?

Like this:

When will there ever to be alternative suggestion-png.png

newtekie1, Jan 13, 2021
  3. iPad alternatives in a company network

As the title says, what alternatives can you suggest to the iPad which will be used in a company network. It doesn't need to play video or gamesbut has to have features like exchange connectivity, automatic deployment, remote management, external connections to a beamer for instance, printing, etc.
    Suggestions for features I haven't thought of are welcome as well.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 13, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

When will there ever to be alternative

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

When will there ever to be alternative

1. When will there ever to be alternative - Similar Threads - ever alternative

2. Dedicated graphics card apearing in devices but not ever being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated graphics card apearing in devices but not ever being used.: I have 2 graphics card, a dedicated and integrated The dedicated one is AMD Radeon RX 5500 and the integrated one is AMD RadeonTM Vega 8 Graphics. The integrated one is always used and its set as the graphics card for battery saving AND performance mode, meaning if i put...
  3. Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Beta, most screenshare applications fail to capture audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Beta, most screenshare applications fail to capture audio.: Recently, I updated to Windows 10 21277.1000 to fix an issue with Alt + Tabbing that was cleared in beta. However, ever since then, my screenshare audio has not been working in many websites and applications. This includes Skype, Discord Canary, PTB, and Stable, Chrome, Edge,...
  4. Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag Spikes Ever since I downloaded Windows 10: I used to have Windows 8..1, yesterday I installed Windows 10, and now my pc is a bit slow, and my game Minecraft is super laggy, although I get 60 FPS my screen freezes every 10 seconds for a full .5 - 1 second. Sometimes 3 seconds. Very annoying It's not a memory issue, I...
  5. I'm not ever hovering my cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not ever hovering my cursor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rober283829 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4jv0y/im_not_ever_hovering_my_cursor/
  6. My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.: I was watching a youtube video when crashed. The BSOD code was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. The PC is new, I've been using it for maybe 5 months, I found it really weird that it got a BSOD, as it never happened. My configs are as in my profile, Windows x64 20H2 (version...
  7. Does downloading group policy editor of the internet not stay for ever on home?

Does downloading group policy editor of the internet not stay for ever on home?: I just installed 1709 but i only had a home key so i thought it's fine i'll just download it and it stayed for a day but when i next got on it was gone and it started installing 20H2, i've fixed it for now but is it best for me to get off home or can i keep group policy...
  8. Help! All text in file explorer is missing, ever since I’ve updated my computer this has...

Help! All text in file explorer is missing, ever since I’ve updated my computer this has...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SufficientGarage1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l215y9/help_all_text_in_file_explorer_is_missing_ever/
  9. Random 2000ms ping spikes ever since reinstall of windows???

Random 2000ms ping spikes ever since reinstall of windows???: So I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd so it would boot faster, I loaded it up perfectly and the actual software works fine but every couple of minutes I get a massive ping spike, I use a netgear A7000 and have never had any problems with it until this windows reinstall, I...
  10. Why doesn't windows ever take a CLI way of alternative approach to the GUI systems?

Why doesn't windows ever take a CLI way of alternative approach to the GUI systems?: Powershell? Cmon they don't even try... That really sucks. I've just been running linux, it's obviously harder but some stuff with CLI is just so straightforward. It's like do this, and you'll definitely get what you want exactly, no distractions. Programmers will get what I...