Windows 10: When will there ever to be alternative

Discus and support When will there ever to be alternative in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Did a fresh windows install for a new ssd, worked for a whole 6 days, Windows did a update, no longer could open apps, no longer had a 4 digit pin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Asriel_F, Jan 13, 2021.

1. When will there ever to be alternative

Did a fresh windows install for a new ssd, worked for a whole 6 days, Windows did a update, no longer could open apps, no longer had a 4 digit pin, screen flicker, WiFi down, all .exe files gone, mouse driver missing. Why even bother call it an update. There’s already ads, uneeded files and services, windows 10 is is taking to many notes from Facebook. If Linus made a easy package manger and increased compatibility, it would make the perfect os

submitted by /u/Asriel_F
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Asriel_F, Jan 13, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Forum upgrade complete

Hey W1z, any comment on alternating row colors to make things easier to read in the thread lists?

Like this:

When will there ever to be alternative suggestion-png.png

newtekie1, Jan 13, 2021
  3. iPad alternatives in a company network

As the title says, what alternatives can you suggest to the iPad which will be used in a company network. It doesn't need to play video or gamesbut has to have features like exchange connectivity, automatic deployment, remote management, external connections to a beamer for instance, printing, etc.
    Suggestions for features I haven't thought of are welcome as well.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 13, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

When will there ever to be alternative

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

When will there ever to be alternative

1. When will there ever to be alternative - Similar Threads - ever alternative

2. Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...: Cursor is disabling or moving to another window automatically while typing in word or chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-deactivating-the-window-where-ever-i-am/4a24b240-7c47-4c27-bc7c-9f99727e379c
  3. Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...: Cursor is disabling or moving to another window automatically while typing in word or chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-deactivating-the-window-where-ever-i-am/4a24b240-7c47-4c27-bc7c-9f99727e379c
  4. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  5. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  6. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. who ever coded the gamebar recording feature.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    who ever coded the gamebar recording feature.: your a idiot.. i am sorry but this peice of garbage has deleted more video than it has recorded.fact i need to be able to alt-tab and record the desktop.so now the ROG ally for example uses the gamebar for recording...so now i need to learn and use OBS to record everything...
  8. who ever coded the gamebar recording feature.

who ever coded the gamebar recording feature.: your a idiot.. i am sorry but this peice of garbage has deleted more video than it has recorded.fact i need to be able to alt-tab and record the desktop.so now the ROG ally for example uses the gamebar for recording...so now i need to learn and use OBS to record everything...
  9. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  10. Why doesn't windows ever take a CLI way of alternative approach to the GUI systems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't windows ever take a CLI way of alternative approach to the GUI systems?: Powershell? Cmon they don't even try... That really sucks. I've just been running linux, it's obviously harder but some stuff with CLI is just so straightforward. It's like do this, and you'll definitely get what you want exactly, no distractions. Programmers will get what I...