Windows 10: When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at...

Discus and support When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are threads going back many years where people have asked for the full taskbar, i.e. including all elements such as notification icons, to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Steve_Wallace_, Jun 29, 2020.

1. When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at...

There are threads going back many years where people have asked for the full taskbar, i.e. including all elements such as notification icons, to be available on multiple monitors at the same time. These threads are all locked so we can't add further posts to add our support to the requests for this functionality.

I find it astounding that many years later it still isn't possible to do something so basic and important. There should be no user interface features that can only be accessed from one screen.

Another example is the desktop icons, which only show on the main monitor. It should also be possible to have these mirrored to other screens obviously we don't want to mirror the entire screen, that would make the multiple monitors pointless.

The issue is that I will sometimes have something in full screen mode on one screen, and I need access to all UI elements on the other screen. I can't always use the same screen to show the full screen mode app because one screen is 1080p and the other is 4k. They each have their pros and cons, so some things can only be done on one of the two screens, in which case I need all the Windows UI elements to be available on the other screen. And it also depends whether the full screen mode app is the main focus of my attention or not as to which screen I want it on.

When will these basic elements of full multiple monitor support be added to Windows?

:)

_Steve_Wallace_, Jun 29, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2020
  3. MarkDill Win User
    Taskbar & Full Screen Multi-Monitor

Hi guys, wondering if someone has a solution for keeping the taskbar behind a fullscreen app, for example...

I have 3 monitors, my main for gaming, movies, etc and my other 2 for side projects and random stuff.. however when i am watching a full screen movie on my main monitor while clicking on either of my other
    monitors i get the taskbar popping up over it which can be annoying.. i am aware that i can set it to "Auto-hide" but honestly that is even more annoying for me (fussy i know) i would prefer not to have a third-party program but list your suggestions regardless..

I am using windows 10 pro, thanks in advance.

MarkDill, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at...

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at...

1. When will we be able to have the full taskbar and other UI elements on multiple monitors at... - Similar Threads - able full taskbar

2. Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.: I fresh installed Windows 11 about 48 hours ago. After updates and other software installations the taskbar became unclickable/usable. The steps laid out in How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working? Taskbar Not Showing Issue - YouTube fix the taskbar twice. However after a...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.: I fresh installed Windows 11 about 48 hours ago. After updates and other software installations the taskbar became unclickable/usable. The steps laid out in How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working? Taskbar Not Showing Issue - YouTube fix the taskbar twice. However after a...
  4. Changing Windows UI Elements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows UI Elements: I'm new to Windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro 20H2) and I've been trying to change some UI elements. 1. Registry. Changing the value of "MenuBar" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" has no effect. Why is that? Can I change the MenuBar background color somewhere else in the...
  5. When will we be able to customize the Windows UI

When will we be able to customize the Windows UI: Hello, I was wondering when, if ever, we will be able to customize the Windows UI?i.e. change the icons, loading bars, etc As this is the one reason I keep trying to switch to a KDE Linux system. The ways you can customize the Linux UI are unlimited and you can make it look...
  6. Some UI elements not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some UI elements not working: Recently I haven't been able to use some UI elements, I first noticed it in firefox, when I couldn't use some of the navbar buttonsthe refresh and back and forward buttons, after that, I noticed that some of the buttons in file explores don't workthe forward buttons and some...
  7. Programs with blurry text and UI elements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs with blurry text and UI elements: When I launch any program in Windows, the text is alright. After some time or in case of Adobe Programs immediately start to have blurry text, and some user interface elements, such as buttons or in general, anything rounded. When the blurriness starts to occur, the...
  8. Missing UI elements/Glitch

Missing UI elements/Glitch: Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the slider bars, this...
  9. Taskbar on multiple monitors

Taskbar on multiple monitors: My work computer was recently upgraded to windows 10. On previous version I used a 3rd party software to extend the taskbar onto 2nd monitor. I liked that ONLY those active tasks displayed on the 2nd monitor, since I do not want icons for tasks opened on primary monitor...
  10. Windows 10 UI lag? when having multiple monitors connected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 UI lag? when having multiple monitors connected: Hello My specs: MSI GTX770 2GB ram with nvidia driver 378.49), i7-3770K, 16GB ram, ... The little problem that I noticed: Hovering over the icons on my desktop (around 12 icons) is slow. It seems there is a display lag when hovering over a couple of icons in a row. If...