Windows 10: When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed?

Discus and support When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updates are appreciated.However, updates that include changes to settings, or enabling features or adding software, or whatever you want to call it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scottjkelly, May 3, 2021.

1. When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed?

Updates are appreciated.However, updates that include changes to settings, or enabling features or adding software, or whatever you want to call it, without informing us is rather, well, rude. Call me provincial. I set up my computer to control distractions, and no, "Focus assist" is not an acceptable solution. When I have to undo settings I've disabled after an update is one such distraction. There is software that I prefer, and I really don't care if Microsoft feels that I would do better with their version, like Edge. Don't like it? Too bad. I prefer Chrome. I may switch to another web

:)

Scottjkelly, May 3, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 3, 2021
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 3, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed?

Unable to Enable proxy settings

Hello Mohan,

Please answer the questions below for better assistance.

• Which version of windows is running on your system?
    • Have made any recently hardware or software changes to your computer?
    • Do you have any antivirus program running on your Computer?
    • Have you checked for any pending updates on the system?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • When you say ‘tried to change registry setting’, what steps did you take and what changes have you made?

If you are using Internet explorer suggest you follow the below methods and check if it helps

Method 1: Disable security software on the system.

Disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus, try again to Change the proxy setting and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer:
    Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or
    troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks

Method 2:

I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

1. Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the edge homepage.

2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.

3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on your query.

Darshan J, May 3, 2021
Thema:

When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed?

1. When will we EVER get a say in what settings will be enabled or software installed? - Similar Threads - EVER settings enabled

2. What Ever Happened To “We Respect Your Privacy?”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Ever Happened To “We Respect Your Privacy?”: I just bought a new computer with Windows 11, my first experience with this operating system. I’m disgusted. Number one, it automatically backed up my system without asking me first. What makes Microsoft think it has the right to do that? After searching for the solution...
  3. What Ever Happened To “We Respect Your Privacy?”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Ever Happened To “We Respect Your Privacy?”: I just bought a new computer with Windows 11, my first experience with this operating system. I’m disgusted. Number one, it automatically backed up my system without asking me first. What makes Microsoft think it has the right to do that? After searching for the solution...
  4. What is installed when we "Reset"or"Refresh" Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is installed when we "Reset"or"Refresh" Windows?: Hi. all. I have not enough knowledge about PC and Windows. I'm always suggested to "Reset Windows" by people whenever I encounter PC troubles. So, I want to know what is installed by "Reset" windows in Recovery menu without USB WinRE key. Many web sites describe just...
  5. minecraft says that the multiplayer is off even that we enabled it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft says that the multiplayer is off even that we enabled it: ok my friend bought a microsoft java minecraft account and when he try to log into online it says that its disabled so we enabled it and its still disabled....
  6. How come when ever I click Xbox settings, it says that "Hey, what happened to this page?"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How come when ever I click Xbox settings, it says that "Hey, what happened to this page?": I'm trying to change my privacy settings for Xbox on my PC but when ever I press Xbox settings, it just says that "Hey, what happened to this page. Can someone tell me why this may be happening or how I can fix it to be able to access the Xbox settings on my PC...
  7. Does anyone know what this screen recording software is? When ever I get on my computer it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what this screen recording software is? When ever I get on my computer it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ukraine--Coffee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gme6l4/does_anyone_know_what_this_screen_recording/
  8. Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, what ever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, what ever: Am I the only one that finds it bizarre that I have to go to the website of the company making software I don’t want or trust, to download and install more software from a company I dont trust, to get rid of the software I don’t want? Everything Ive read says the same thing;...
  9. What is "HP Application Enabling Software Driver" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is "HP Application Enabling Software Driver" ?: My HP ProBook has been offered the HP Application Enabling Software Driver (see below). Does this serve any useful purpose or is it more HP bloatware? This package provides the HP Application Enabling Software Driver for supported models running a supported operating system....
  10. We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update?: Why is File explorer so behind when it comes to music tagging? WAV files can now be tagged, FLAC files always had the ability for tags, but the basic usage of Windows does not allow viewing or editing these tags. There are dozens of programs that allow tagging many kinds...