Windows 10: When will we get inverted vertical taskbars?

Discus and support When will we get inverted vertical taskbars? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Monitors are wider than they are high. Applications tend to require more vertical space than horizontal space. Nobody has so many taskbar pins that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phyzisist, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Phyzisist Win User

When will we get inverted vertical taskbars?

Monitors are wider than they are high. Applications tend to require more vertical space than horizontal space. Nobody has so many taskbar pins that a vertical taskbar is not enough. Hence it just makes so much sense to have a vertical taskbar: less space wasted! However, if you do this, you'll find that there is no way to then flip it so that the start button is in the lower left corner.

People have been asking for this feature for about a decade now. Is it ever going to be a thing? What puzzles me is that I see no reason why flipping the button order on the taskbar would be hard, I'm sure Microsoft has plenty of talented people who could code that in a day or two.

In short: my start button is in the upper left corner instead of the bottom left corner, and this makes me sad.

:)

Phyzisist, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Arkerino Win User

Invert taskbar

I have started using the taskbar on the right side of my monitor and wondered if anyone have found a way to invert it so that the windows button is at the lower left corner of the screen and not the
    left top of it.

Arkerino, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jun 26, 2019
  4. When will we get inverted vertical taskbars?

Change invert scrolling in Windows 10

I don't see an option in regards to inverted scrolling in that list, it is just a guide.

do you have any other suggestions?

CHAZ D ORGINAL HOMEBOI, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

When will we get inverted vertical taskbars?

1. When will we get inverted vertical taskbars? - Similar Threads - inverted vertical taskbars

2. When will you revert the colossal vertical taskbar mistake?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will you revert the colossal vertical taskbar mistake?: Since the beginning of time, users have been trying to maximize the smaller vertical space on their laptops and tablets when they work in widescreen mode. It's an obvious preference and one of the reasons Windows was much the preferred joy through Windows 10. Come Windows 11,...
  3. When will you revert the colossal vertical taskbar mistake?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will you revert the colossal vertical taskbar mistake?: Since the beginning of time, users have been trying to maximize the smaller vertical space on their laptops and tablets when they work in widescreen mode. It's an obvious preference and one of the reasons Windows was much the preferred joy through Windows 10. Come Windows 11,...
  4. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  5. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  6. Colors getting inverted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colors getting inverted: Whenever I insert or remove anything into the USB Port, the colors get inverted for a second.If I screen record it, then the colors getting inverted are not shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-getting-inverted/e14009f6-5c82-4024-a604-9895fb867a48
  7. Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?: It's possible to have two rows of icons when the taskbar is horizontal (by making the taskbar wider) but this somehow doesn't work when it's vertical. Does anyone know a way to do this? submitted by /u/kinokomushroom [link] [comments]...
  8. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...
  9. Inverted Taskbar

Inverted Taskbar: Hello, I was typing in a Word document and I must have pressed a keyboard shortcut because now windows itself has been inverted. However, it is only the taskbar, searchbar and other windows apps like settings that are inverted. My backgrounds and apps all look normal and...
  10. Vertical taskbar width

Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 taskbar: inverted