Windows 10: When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

Discus and support When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by E Risi, Aug 6, 2022.

1. E Risi Win User

When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!

:)

E Risi, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Dumba_M3 Win User

Dell XPS windows 11 update compatibility

Sorry, no your CPU isn't listed. Have another look, the page you went to was for Windows 10 compatibility. The list for Windows11 Intel processors starts with the 8th generation, with very few exceptions from the 7th. No 5th generation like the i5-5300U is on the list.

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

Dumba_M3, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel launches 5th-generation 'Broadwell' processors

Read more: Intel launches 5th-generation 'Broadwell' processors | Windows Central

Brink, Aug 6, 2022
  4. neilpzz Win User

Processor not compatible for Windows 11 Upgrade

AdiyogaPradana

If your processor is an 11th generation Intel then that is compatible. Is it listed on the approved list.

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

Use WhyNotWin11 to get a better idea of the possible problem. Scroll down for a download link and post back a screenshot of the result. GitHub - rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11: Detection Script to help identify why your PC is not Windows 11 Release Ready

neilpzz, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

1. When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? - Similar Threads - compatible 5th generation

2. When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?: When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!...
  3. Why are the Intel Core i7-770T processors not compatible for Win 11 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the Intel Core i7-770T processors not compatible for Win 11 Upgrade?: This is BS!!!!My computer is three years old and now you are telling me that in 2025 I should throw it in the trash due to MS once again controlling this situation. Do you have any idea how many computers including MS Suface that will not be able to upgrade? Really?This is...
  4. Why are the Intel Core i7-770T processors not compatible for Win 11 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are the Intel Core i7-770T processors not compatible for Win 11 Upgrade?: This is BS!!!!My computer is three years old and now you are telling me that in 2025 I should throw it in the trash due to MS once again controlling this situation. Do you have any idea how many computers including MS Suface that will not be able to upgrade? Really?This is...
  5. Intel processor on list but test says it's not compatible for win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel processor on list but test says it's not compatible for win 11 update: I have a IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz, and the list has this process as compatible. Can anyone explain what I am missing here?Intel®Core™i7-7500U...
  6. Intel processor on list but test says it's not compatible for win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel processor on list but test says it's not compatible for win 11 update: I have a IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz, and the list has this process as compatible. Can anyone explain what I am missing here?Intel®Core™i7-7500U...
  7. Intel processor on list but test says it's not compatible for win 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win 11 processor compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 11 processor compatibility: Hi,Am really dissappointed about Win 11 support for my laptop which is currently about 4 years old and cost around 2600 US dollar at the time, an Acer Predator with I7-7700HQ, 16Gb Ram 512GB SSD, the laptop fulfills all Win 11 requirements , TPM, Secureboot, DirectX12 etc,...
  9. What intel processor generation is this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What intel processor generation is this?: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-intel-processor-generation-is-this/d68262d3-932b-4adc-8949-801f3933ab10
  10. Intel launches 5th-generation 'Broadwell' processors

in Windows 10 News
    Intel launches 5th-generation 'Broadwell' processors: Intel has just announced its 5th generation Intel Core processors, also known as Broadwell, at CES 2015. The new chips are 37% smaller than the previous generation, using Intel's new 14nm process. Intel emphasizes the performance gains in Broadwell, especially battery life...