Windows 10: When will Windows be a useful operating system?

Discus and support When will Windows be a useful operating system? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If you can't even delete a file without hanging up the system, can you really say it's an operating system? Nope. What a pile of garbage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by asdffdsa3, Jul 1, 2019.

1. asdffdsa3 Win User

When will Windows be a useful operating system?

If you can't even delete a file without hanging up the system, can you really say it's an operating system? Nope. What a pile of garbage.

:)

asdffdsa3, Jul 1, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 1, 2019
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 1, 2019
  4. When will Windows be a useful operating system?

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

When will Windows be a useful operating system?

1. When will Windows be a useful operating system? - Similar Threads - useful operating system

2. Windows operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows operating system: If you have installed windows operating system on hardrive D does desktop, recycle bin and downloads be apart of D drive or C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-operating-system/f517a89e-4a00-4cc7-b9dd-4d9a753ee77e
  3. Windows operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows operating system: If you have installed windows operating system on hardrive D does desktop, recycle bin and downloads be apart of D drive or C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-operating-system/f517a89e-4a00-4cc7-b9dd-4d9a753ee77e
  4. Problem when installing operating systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when installing operating systems: Split from this thread.hey there bill i have an issue that you might be able to help with if you will please? Issue: HP pavilion P71003W pre installed windows 7 home pre OA/ the device sat in my parents building for years so its very out dated i gathered it all up and decided...
  5. Problem when installing operating systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when installing operating systems: Split from this thread.hey there bill i have an issue that you might be able to help with if you will please? Issue: HP pavilion P71003W pre installed windows 7 home pre OA/ the device sat in my parents building for years so its very out dated i gathered it all up and decided...
  6. When will Microsoft produce an operating system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When will Microsoft produce an operating system?: Windows 10 isn't an operating system. Operating systems should control all of the resources of the computer. Why would it allow a file to be created that can't be deleted? Because it isn't an operating system. Never will be....
  7. Windows Operation System

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Operation System: Ok, I was wondering if/when Microsoft is going to release a new Operating System. I high doubt it will be called Windows 11 or whatever. I have read on a few sites that it would just be called "Windows". Does anyone know if that is in the makings and when it would be released...
  8. Operating System Dialog is empty when I use unattend.xml file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating System Dialog is empty when I use unattend.xml file: Hi guys, Something weird happened to me when I was using the unattend.xml that I make it. To build this I use the ADK in version 1809. That file works normally when I run in a clean image windows 10 1809 with command setup.exe /unattend.xml. But when I customize a image...
  9. Windows operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows operating system: What is this product: 00325-95940-90997-AA0EM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-operating-system/3ac6f165-68b3-42ed-98a9-74fc2c079ac4
  10. Basic Operating System Use Guidance.

in Windows 10 Support
    Basic Operating System Use Guidance.: I started with Windows 3.2 back in 1984 and have moved through each system up to Windows 7. As I am now retired I stuck with Windows 7 until last month and now have both new kit, Windows 10 and a Outlook 365. The difference is a nightmare and I no longer have easily...