Windows 10: When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!

Discus and support When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When will the Windows subsystem for Android be released to the rest of the world! What is taking so long ?Is the testing not completed in US even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DhananjayTalekar, Oct 7, 2023.

1. When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!

When will the Windows subsystem for Android be released to the rest of the world! What is taking so long ?Is the testing not completed in US even after this long ?Why is rest of the world not introduced to it ? Why US first ? Is it ethical ? Any there any issues that are not present only in US ?

:)

DhananjayTalekar, Oct 7, 2023
  2. muralisai Win User

Windows Subsystem for Android application release date in india.

Hii,

Windows Subsystem for Android application for windows 11 is only for the U.S. When to the rest of them for other countries. what exact date to release for rest of countries available.

Windows Subsystem for Android in Microsoft Store Link

Microsoft Apps

Please tell me the exact date for Asia countries (India).

What is WSA?

Windows Subsystem for Android application uses for android apps can run in the Windows 11 operating system.

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! a9c669dc-213c-49c0-ba35-50de4017ab90?upload=true.png

System Requirements for WSA (Windows Subsystem for Android)

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! 437fb7d4-2009-4606-a80b-4aadd37c5779?upload=true.png

Tell me in the comment down below. If you know.

muralisai, Oct 7, 2023
  3. Use Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11

Windows Subsystem for Android i.e. WSA allows your device to run Android apps natively in Windows 11. This article explains how to set up WSA in Windows 11 to Run Android Apps. WSA runs as a virtual machine using Hyper-V and is based on AOSP version 11. Also, The feature is only available for Windows Insiders in Beta Channel as of now.

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! 511a466a-ccd5-4c06-a0b2-5747efbc32ac?upload=true.png

WhatsApp for Android, WSA and Amazon App Store installed in Windows 11

Requirements

As of now, WSA has some specific requirements. With time, some pre-requisites like Region would be eased. See the following requirements:

1. Your Device must be running Build 22000 and meeting the requirements for Windows 11, including supported processors.
    2. The Computer must support virtualization and be enabled in BIOS/UEFI and Optional Features.
    3. The device must have at least 8GB of RAM and SSD as a Storage device. For WSA, a Hard drive is not supported.
    4. The Store version must be 22110.1402.6.0 or higher. Go to Store Library to update.
    5. The PC's Region must be set to the US.
    6. The Amazon account you plan to use must be US-based.
    7. Your PC must be in Windows Insider Program Beta Channel.

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! fa03888b-fc8e-49c1-8a3a-4ce394ac19b9?upload=true.png

If these requirements are met, follow the steps below to set up and use Windows Subsystem for Android.

Getting started with Windows Subsystem for Android

1. Open the Amazon App store from this link.
    2. Click Install. It would download Amazon AppStore and Windows subsystem for Android.
    3. When done, you would see the Windows subsystem for Android on your app list, together with Amazon AppStore.
    4. Open the Amazon AppStore, and sign in with your US-based Amazon Account on the screen that shows.
    5. Locate your App in the catalogue and click Install. At the time of writing, only around 50 apps are available in the Store, but Microsoft will update the list over time.

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! 04a6a30e-fdde-4053-92ad-e3650eae4026?upload=true.png

Amazon AppStore starting using WSA

Windows Subsystem for Android Settings.

There are also a bunch of Android Settings you can customize as well, which are as under.

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! c0f09507-6047-4741-ab7e-d3f9166d91f2?upload=true.png

1. Files show the files which Apps download to the Device.
    2. Subsystem Screen reader helps accessibility wise, like screen reading on in Android apps you plan to run.
    3. Developer mode helps you to sideload an APK file manually using ADB. See .
    4. Resources: If the Subsystem is selected As needed, no resources are used in the Background, so as a result, apps open slowly. If a continuous option is selected, resources continue to be used in the Background, and Apps open quickly.

To conclude, these steps can help you get started with running Android apps using Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11. Hopefully, it would be available for the general public soon.

In addition, if you are outside the United States and wish to try out WSA manually, you can follow this guide:

Install and configure Android apps in Windows 11 - Your Windows Guide

1. Download WSABundle from here.
    2. Move the file to the root of the C drive.
    3. When it is finished downloading, open an elevated PowerShell window. To open an elevated Powershell, Press the Win+R keys on the keyboard and type Powershell in the dialogue box. Afterwards, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter and press yes when prompted.
    4. Type the following command to change the Directory to the root of the C drive.

CD /
    5. Then install the MSIX Bundle using this command:

Add-AppxPackage 2.msixbundle
    Follow the rest of the steps on APK installation in the article link.

Do read:

Introducing Android™ Apps on Windows 11 to Windows Insiders | Windows Insider Blog

Announcing Android™ apps on Windows 11 Preview for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel | Windows Insider Blog

Windows Subsystem for Android™ (microsoft.com)

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Oct 7, 2023
  4. When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC?

Hi! Good day , Jerry here, an independent advisor. Here to help you.

Windows Subsystem for Android Device requirements.

RAM

8 GB (minimum)

16 GB (recommended)

Storage type

Solid State Drive or SSD (recommended)

Processor architecture

x64 or ARM64

Virtual Machine Platform

This setting needs to be enabled

To install Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11

1. Enable Virtual Machine Platform. To enable Virtual Machine Platform on Windows 11, use these steps:

-Open Start on Windows 11.

-Search for Turn Windows features on or off, and click the top result to open the app.

-Search for Turn Windows features on or off, and click the top result to open the app.

-Click the OK button.

-Restart the computer.

-Once you complete the steps, you can continue with the steps to install WSA.

2. Install Windows Subsystem for Android

There are multiple ways to install the Windows Subsystem for Android. You can install the Amazon Appstore, which installs the WSA automatically. Or you can install the “Windows Subsystem for Android with Amazon Appstore” app, which also installs the Amazon app store.

-Amazon Appstore

To install the Amazon Appstore (with WSA) on Windows 11, use these steps:

-Open the Amazon Appstore app page.

-Click the Install button.

Once you complete the steps, you can install Android apps on Windows 11. If you have problems installing this app, you can install WSA directly with the steps below.

-Windows Subsystem for Android with Amazon Appstore

-Open the Windows Subsystem for Android with the Amazon Appstore app page.

-Click the Install button.

After you complete the steps, you can start running Android apps on Windows 11.

Note : You may also refer to this article below

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/andro...

Jeremiah O, Oct 7, 2023
Thema:

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!

1. When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world! - Similar Threads - subsystem Android released

2. Windows Subsystem for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android: Greetings everybody! I hope you are having a lovely day. I ran into a predicament where when I try to install Windows Subsystem for Android I get the error saying that my CPU is not supported screenshot below.I am running Intel Core i7-10750H so I really dont think that it...
  3. When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!: When will the Windows subsystem for Android be released to the rest of the world! What is taking so long ?Is the testing not completed in US even after this long ?Why is rest of the world not introduced to it ? Why US first ? Is it ethical ? Any there any issues that are not...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android: Hallo, I'm now playing android games on my laptop that have touchscreen in it. But I'm very distracted by refresh button on right-bottom corner of my screen that can be accidently pressed when I'm playing : How i can disabled that button? please :''This is screenshot for...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android: Hi Microsoft.I have Windows 11 on my laptop, and have recently downloaded Windows Subsystem for Android through Microsoft Store. However, I am unaware of the further steps need to be taken to get the Google Play Store working on my system. What should I do?Kindly inform the...
  6. Subsystem for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subsystem for Android: after some time of using android, the computer starts blinking the monitor and freezes after a couple of seconds, I launch the task manager and see that my ram memory is clogged and I have to destroy the Subsystem for Android process...
  7. Subsystem for Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subsystem for Android: after some time of using android, the computer starts blinking the monitor and freezes after a couple of seconds, I launch the task manager and see that my ram memory is clogged and I have to destroy the Subsystem for Android process...
  8. Windows Subsystem for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android: I wanted to know in detail how to use Windows Subsystem for Android [WSA], for example how to install Amazon app store,how to intall Android apps and how to update them without any third party software if you have any video you may share the same. ThanksHope you will help me...
  9. Windows Subsystem for Android application release date in india.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android application release date in india.: Hii,Windows Subsystem for Android application for windows 11 is only for the U.S. When to the rest of them for other countries. what exact date to release for rest of countries available. Windows Subsystem for Android in Microsoft Store Link...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Android application release date in india.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Android application release date in india.: Hii,Windows Subsystem for Android application for windows 11 is only for the U.S. When to the rest of them for other countries. what exact date to release for rest of countries available. Windows Subsystem for Android in Microsoft Store Link...