Windows 10: When will you fix your Sticky Notes app to work correctly on dual monitors?

Discus and support When will you fix your Sticky Notes app to work correctly on dual monitors? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have seen several reports going back to 2016 when the right-click menu for Sticky Notes appears on the wrong monitor. For me, this occurs when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidCHC, Oct 9, 2020.

1. DavidCHC Win User

When will you fix your Sticky Notes app to work correctly on dual monitors?

I have seen several reports going back to 2016 when the right-click menu for Sticky Notes appears on the wrong monitor.

For me, this occurs when the the sticky notes are on my right monitor AND on the left 2/3s of the screen. When I right-click on a note, the "Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste" menu appears on the veryright of the left monitor instead of next to the Sticky Note on theright monitor.

And NO, it's NOT a driver or monitor issue as NO other applications have this problem, including third party Sticky Note applications.

:)

DavidCHC, Oct 9, 2020

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Hi ManuelGarces,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried to check the settings on the Sticky Note App if the
      Enable Insights is off?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method1: Try enable insights in Sticky notes.

1. Open the Sticky Notes app.
    2. Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.
    3. Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Method 2: Fix problem with apps.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , an check if that helps.

Method 3: Reset Sticky Notes in Windows 10.

1. Open the Settings Navigate to
      Apps and then select Apps & features.
    2. Look for the Sticky Notes
      entry and click on the same to select it. You should now see
      Advanced options link
    3. Click Advanced
      options link to open Storage usage and app reset page.
    4. Click the Reset button. When you see the confirmation, click the
      Reset button to reset the Sticky Notes
      app.
    5. Restart the PC once you reset the
      Sticky Notes
      app.

Re-install sticky notes app from the Microsoft store and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. When will you fix your Sticky Notes app to work correctly on dual monitors? - Similar Threads - fix Sticky Notes

2. Sticky Notes app no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes app no longer working: Hello,The other day, my Malwarebytes detected two threats and I had them quarantined. I noticed that it had something to do with Sticky Notes, but I didn't think anything of it. Now my Sticky Notes app doesn't work at all. Sometimes it'll look like it's trying for a second,...
  3. Sticky Notes not working and keeps giving Loading Sticky Notes

Sticky Notes not working and keeps giving Loading Sticky Notes: Greetings, Kindly the sticky notes application is not working and giving Loading Sticky Notes, I tried Reset the application and uninstalling it and installing it again and everything and still not working and only giving Loading Sticky Notes. [ATTACH]...
  4. sticky notes app

sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  5. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: Today I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit from version 1803 to 1809. Microsoft Sticky Notes version 3.1.55.0 is broken. I tried resetting it in Settings/Apps&Features to no avail. Settings will not let me uninstall. I have lost all of my previous notes which were working...
  6. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, and nothing's worked. This has been going on for a month. Everytime I attempt to launch it, the icon appears in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it closes and nothing more. What should I do? I don't really care if my notes are deleted...
  7. Sticky Notes App not working

Sticky Notes App not working: On my startpage, the app is faded compared to other apps. The only other apps that aren't working and also faded are 3Dviewer and resize image. Solutions I've tried: Repairing it via settings Resetting it via settings Uninstalling via Powershell and reinstalling...
  8. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  9. Omni-access to your Sticky Notes!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Omni-access to your Sticky Notes!!: One can access their Sticky Notes anytime on the web via https://www.onenote.com/stickynotes Personally, I think this is pretty cool & some may find it quite useful or oft used. Meaning, even if not on the device where the notes are (originally) 'posted'. Cheers, Drew...
  10. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...