Windows 10: When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones

Discus and support When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I encountered an issue today where the moment Windows detected an input through my microphone while it was being used by an application it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tahuru, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Tahuru Win User

When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones

I encountered an issue today where the moment Windows detected an input through my microphone while it was being used by an application it would replace the audio to my headphones with the audio coming in through my microphone. Not just playing it back but preventing any other audio from using it. After a small amount of time without detecting any input it would return control to my headphones.

I tested this with multiple applications to ensure it wasn't just a problem with the initial one. Through all the Windows settings I can find the settings to monitor the microphone are turned off however these wouldn't prevent all sound from coming through the headphones anyway.

:)

Tahuru, Mar 1, 2021
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Mar 1, 2021
  3. ZoofyZoof Win User
    Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone.

I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all.

I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the volume mixer (I clicked on Show Disabled/Disconnected devices).

I've also tried looking in Device Manager under Audio Inputs and outputs.

These headphones are in perfect working condition but the microphone on them is not detected at all. In fact, I've had this problem across all headphones that have a built-in microphone. They are never, ever, detected anywhere, on the system.

Please help... My laptop's built in microphone is good, but it picks up the sound of my keyboard and mouse, as well as generally everything, too loudly.

It would be much better to use my headphone's microphone.

ZoofyZoof, Mar 1, 2021
  4. When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones

1. When Windows 10 detecting microphone input and overriding headphones - Similar Threads - detecting microphone input

2. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  3. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  4. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected: I've noticed for a while whenever a pair of Bluetooth headphones are connected to my Dell XPS, 2 outputs show up. There is a "Headphone {headphone name} Stereo" and "Headset {headphone name} Hands-free AG Audio". The default is the Headphone output, but to use the microphone,...
  6. Microphone Input Issue with Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Input Issue with Headphones: [ATTACH] There is just no input after selecting my headphones as the source. It doesn't even show the bar, which it does if I chose my normal pc mic. Tried to troubleshoot, no result....
  7. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  8. Headphones microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  9. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10): I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone. I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all. I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the...
  10. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...