Windows 10: When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the...

Discus and support When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe I'm not searching the right terms, but I can't find any info on this very frustrating bug. I put my computer in sleep mode in between classes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ciel-v, Jan 9, 2020.

1. /u/ciel-v Win User

When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the...

Maybe I'm not searching the right terms, but I can't find any info on this very frustrating bug. I put my computer in sleep mode in between classes the whole day, and if Windows Hello fails (either because I'm not in view or looking elsewhere) when I turn it on, there's a 1/3 chance for it to just "give up" and show me the "Couldn't recognize you" line without showing the input field for the password. Sometimes the buttons for PIN/Password are there, but pressing them does nothing.

The worst part is that once this happens, you get stuck on this screen forever. Even if you put it in sleep/hibernate and wake it up again, it will still be stuck at that screen instantly when it comes on, completely skipping the lockscreen. The only way out is to restart or shutdown, losing everything you have open and unsaved.

Any help with troubleshooting this is appreciated, this is a very debilitating bug that has made me lose my work in school countless times every single day.

submitted by /u/ciel-v
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ciel-v, Jan 9, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jan 9, 2020
  4. When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the...

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. I tried exactly as you said but it made absolutely no difference.

I still can`t download, still doesn`t remember login details although it still asks me if I want the details remembered.

Do you or anybody else have any ideas to help. It`s too late now for me to go back to Win 8.1 so I`m stuck with an os that doesn`t work properly.

Thank you.

Graham Laughlan, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the...

1. When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the... - Similar Threads - Hello fails password

2. "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10: "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10:_______________________________________________________________________________Windows 10 21H2Build 19044.1889Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0Device HPP.S.:I checked for updates, Only an optional update,...
  3. "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10: "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10:_______________________________________________________________________________Windows 10 21H2Build 19044.1889Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0Device HPP.S.:I checked for updates, Only an optional update,...
  4. "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10: "Change your password" doesn't show up in Windows 10:_______________________________________________________________________________Windows 10 21H2Build 19044.1889Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0...
  5. Password input box doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password input box doesn't show up: I have issue with my Dell-5577 laptop window. Earlier, laptop was worked fine. But after the windows update issue began- Sign-in button appears and after clicking it the password text input field doesn't show up. Instead, it directly forwards to saying "The password is...
  6. Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field: We just recently got a pc for my wife to work at home. The pc was running fine for about a week. Tonight she restarted the pc and it gets to the screen where you click and the pin pad comes up, but in this instance, the screen blurs like the pinpad is coming up, but nothing...
  7. Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields: I have a machine that when I do anything requiring elevation I'm getting the windows security pop up, but the username\password entry fields are missing and my only option is to select cancel. I've recreated the entire user profile but it's still happening. No idea at this...
  8. PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?: Edit: Reset it once now (with Keep Files) and it works again. A bit annoying to have to install everything again, but I was desperate with this thing I don't know exactly where to ask this, so I'll just do it here. If you start up the PC and press space bar/mouse up at...
  9. Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field: Hope you can help. We returned our faulty Dell laptop to Currys due to a fan error message and battery charging issues. Those were all fixed no problem. But now if I try to log into Windows 10 it won't recognise my fingerprint, it says my PIN is inactive due to changes in...
  10. Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...

Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...: I have a weird issue. Computer is Windows 10, joined to a domain. Issue just started a few days ago. When pressing CRTL-ALT-DELETE to login the username and password field boxes are missing. I have tried the following: 1. chkdsk c: /r 2. Startup Repair 3....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 login couldn recognize you stuck