Windows 10: When working with my pictures in Windows 10 Photos, the files converts to a Photo icon

Discus and support When working with my pictures in Windows 10 Photos, the files converts to a Photo icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been doing some edits using Photos. I store my photos in Folders under Pictures, and have recently been using Photos to do quick edits. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaYh89, Sep 6, 2019.

1. JaYh89 Win User

When working with my pictures in Windows 10 Photos, the files converts to a Photo icon

I have been doing some edits using Photos. I store my photos in Folders under Pictures, and have recently been using Photos to do quick edits.

When I return to the folder under Pictures where I store my photos, sometimes it shows the Photos blue and white icon.

I can no longer view the photo without double clicking the jpg. This is very frustrating as I like to quickly view all of the photos in a folder to make a selection from them. This is occurring for some, but not all of the edited photos.

My Windows 10 is up-to-date.

How do I get rid of the nuisance of having the Photo blue and white icon to look at, rather than the content of my photo?

Thanks for your help

:)

JaYh89, Sep 6, 2019

2. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2019
  4. When working with my pictures in Windows 10 Photos, the files converts to a Photo icon

Photo thumbnail picture

Found this is the easier way: the blue area marked organize/new folder way to right u 3 icons box w/down arrow(STOP, here to choose what size pic u want, done, over), 3 paned window , blue ?!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/xqGNuvGuxn5GXEtC9

booksbenji, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

When working with my pictures in Windows 10 Photos, the files converts to a Photo icon

1. When working with my pictures in Windows 10 Photos, the files converts to a Photo icon - Similar Threads - working pictures Photos

2. Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.: The folders in my pictures file and on One Drive are showing the blue icon with the mountain and moon of the Microsoft photo app. The folder does not display the pictures until I open the folder. And then sometimes the pictures are the Microsoft photo app icon,. Once I...
  3. Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file: So I have pictures that I took on my phone that i put on my desktop through the photos app, and I want to put it in a file, I've been trying to do it but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?...
  4. Importing Photos Into Pictures File

Importing Photos Into Pictures File: 12/18/2020 - Did a recent Microsoft update change the way photos are grouped when downloading from my digital camera? Previously, I would download my photos, they would go into a folder showing the date taken, and I would rename the folder to show the subject matter of the...
  5. Converting photos

Converting photos: Windows 10. I have edited photos in ViewNX that i want to upload onto a personalised calendar site. If I move them out of the Viewnx editing folders as emails or any upload they revert to the original image and lose the edit. When i open File and Convert Files which is how...
  6. Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10: Oct 2019 An ongoing problem with windows 10 photo app and "Pictures" files: duplicate photos I have not asked for. For example, I just imported photos from my iPhone and I have SEVEN (7) copies of each photo. The duplicates are in the pictures file, and in the photos app....
  7. How to post pictures in the photo icon

How to post pictures in the photo icon: How to post photo in the photo icon (in the oval phto icon) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-post-pictures-in-the-photo-icon/54b1a7f5-2203-41e6-952f-10633f9a6c27
  8. Picture/photos

Picture/photos: I have 40,000+ pictures on my computer. I want to give my kids their own pictures that they took and stored on my computer. With six kids, I can't go through 40,000 pictures six times. I want to go through them one time and move them into their own folders, then I want to...
  9. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10: When I take a photo on my iPhone, the photo is automatically added to the Photos app on my PC - Windows 10. But, when I save the same photo to the Pictures file/program, a duplicate copy is made in the Photos app. Is there a way to stop a duplicate copy from being made ? I...
  10. Convert .mix photos to any other type of picture file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert .mix photos to any other type of picture file.: I have a some old .mix photo files that I would like to convert to an other type of format, such as .jpg, .png, .tif etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mix-photos-to-any-other-type-of-picture/06731cf0-802b-4bd1-8977-3639200d13d0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make my video longer in windows photos