Windows 10: When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult...

Discus and support When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Luigi Mcloud, Nov 30, 2018.

1. When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult...

How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something?

I accidentally made my main account a child account, it is really irritating, although I do have access to the adult account, so I want to remove my main account as a child account and find it out as an adult.

:)

Luigi Mcloud, Nov 30, 2018

2. Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something?

The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome. Despite deleting my son's child account and re-creating it we are launching Edge and it is taking from anywhere between 10 seconds to a minute to become usable. When I say useable I mean the ability to surf, the actual browser is launched and you can go into settings etc BUT no web pages will load despite even typing web addresses in. It's as if Edge is waiting for MS server side to give it some kind of approval before it will allow any web activity. Once it's up and running it's fine but closing the browser session and relaunching Edge will bring back the long delay. Our adult accounts have no such issue using edge. Trying Mozilla Firefox on the child account also poses no such problems. We have no child restrictions setup online for the child account. So really he should be able to use Edge freely. But I feel the activity monitoring is somehow stifling the ability to use Edge.

If it doesn't improve I feel like abandoning the child account and just having him use an adult account instead. At least then Edge will start working quicker. But how does one convert child account to adult account. Or do we have to wait several years for his age to tick over?

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Child accounts

Does anyone use child accounts on Windows 10? We have multiple user logins and one of these is a child account. Our son is not actively using it as he is a bit young but thought I'd get it setup. Trouble is unlike the adult accounts it is really frustrating to use with edge. It's as if the MS servers (for child reports on their activity) are at play seriously delaying it on launch. It can take 30 secs to a minute to become usable. Deleting the child acc and recreating makes no difference. All our adult accounts are great, work brilliantly as a mix of standard and admin users. Store can also be slow to launch too on his child account

Scottyboy99, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult...

converting adult account to child account

Hi,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you converted the existing adult account to a child account before trying to create a new one?
    • Or, were you on the process of converting the adult account to a child account when you got the error message?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult...

1. When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult... - Similar Threads - delete child account

2. Changing an adult account into a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  3. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions: Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is...
  4. Child to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child to adult: I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-to-adult/930eca1b-6c5f-4b17-86db-79913ecc99e0
  5. Remove my own child account from an adult account

Remove my own child account from an adult account: I am 17 years old and got a new laptop for my birthday. Signed into my Microsoft account and noticed under "Family" that I am listed as a child under a person that is not my parent. How do I remove myself from their adult account so that they can't control my restrictions and...
  6. How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account?

How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account?: How? As Before We Upgrade to Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-we-can-transform-a-child-account-to-adult/b3612307-cbbb-41b9-a6e8-d10d29204b94"
  7. Child account

Child account: In a family account does each member have their own username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account/d65f128a-8426-4d48-92ac-49c946496ea8"
  8. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  9. Child accounts

Child accounts: Does anyone use child accounts on Windows 10? We have multiple user logins and one of these is a child account. Our son is not actively using it as he is a bit young but thought I'd get it setup. Trouble is unlike the adult accounts it is really frustrating to use with edge....
  10. Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

Does a child account automatically become an adult account?: How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something? The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome....