Windows 10: When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star...

Discus and support When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title says it all, A bug that I accidentally witnessed by mistake :=D, Hope it gets fixed in an upcoming cumulative update. Version 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phaze-, Apr 9, 2020.

1. /u/phaze- Win User

When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star...

The title says it all, A bug that I accidentally witnessed by mistake :=D, Hope it gets fixed in an upcoming cumulative update.

Version 1909 (18363.752), the problem can still be reproducible in older versions.

Best regards.

submitted by /u/phaze-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phaze-, Apr 9, 2020
  2. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star... [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Expanding folders in file explorer

Hi,

In answer to your query, yes, there's an option to change the Folder View Options of your File Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click File tab.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • Click View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Navigation pane.
    • Check Expand to open folder, Show all folders, and
      Show libraries.

You can also check all the options, and set it up the way you wanted.

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Apr 9, 2020
  4. illimay Win User

When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star...

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

I've pinned my File Explorer to my taskbar and I have a lot of quick-access links pinned to it.

When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star... [​IMG]

Because of that, I only get one item of my recently opened folders and files.
    Is there a way to expand the list of the recent files in that taskbar File Explorer?

illimay, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. When You go to File Explorer and Click on This PC to expand it then click on the star... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Click

2. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  3. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  4. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  5. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  6. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file: Let's say I have 1000 files in a folder. These files are folders holding various things. In list mode, these folders would be arranged in any number of columns, depending on the scale of the window. Now let's say that my window with these files in it is smaller because I...
  7. File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file: I was trying to open an mp4 file and when I clicked on it my file explorer freezed. I tried yo follow some solutions and it turns out I also cant run the trouble shooter. when I try to open it I get this error: windows cannot access the specified device or file for MSDT.exe....
  8. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  9. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  10. double clicking on a file in file explorer

double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...