Windows 10: When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

Discus and support When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by satel, Jun 23, 2020.

1. satel Win User

When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options.
    If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use?

:)

satel, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Query related to Ripping Music CD's through network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to ripping CD to Music Library. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below:

• Have you inserted the disc on the client machine or on Surface Pro?

Ideally, if you are trying to rip a CD to a Music Library that is located on the network then you there are chances that it will be take time to process.

One of the convenient way I can suggest is to rip the CD on one machine and then copy paste to the Music Library on the other machine. Refer the section
    Rip CDs from the article
    Burn and rip CDs

However, please let us know the information on how you are trying to rip the CD.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 23, 2020
  4. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

Ripping Music CD's

My 2nd question apparently got lost! I asked why the details of the CD (title, name of artist, etc) will not display and esp. will not show up in the "Music" folder. Every CD I've ripped just lists "Unknown artist".

Thanks.

Brenda M218, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

1. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use? - Similar Threads - rip music program

2. What do you do when the government labels you as a Terrorist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do you do when the government labels you as a Terrorist?: I have been labeled as a Terrorist. I was surprised to see this on an information web page. I have had many issues with my telephone line, both line and cell phone, and my computer, Windows 10. I don't know what to do as my voter status counts a lot of me getting this...
  3. What do you do when the government labels you as a Terrorist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you do when the government labels you as a Terrorist?: I have been labeled as a Terrorist. I was surprised to see this on an information web page. I have had many issues with my telephone line, both line and cell phone, and my computer, Windows 10. I don't know what to do as my voter status counts a lot of me getting this...
  4. ripping music from cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ripping music from cd: how do I rip music from my cd into windows media player? there is no 'rip; button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-from-cd/76d5c5e8-7596-40ff-afaa-6e5c5858477e
  5. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Support
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  6. Ripping Music CD's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ripping Music CD's: When ripping a disk of music on Media Player, where does it save the music to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-cds/bcf9bdf4-8b9e-4346-8509-e8c6ebea7df3
  7. What do you use as antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you use as antivirus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty good. It...
  8. What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What HDD maintenance programs do you use?: I just came across Disk Checkup by PassMark software. PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility What do you use for accurate regular HDD health checks? 134014
  9. ripping music from cd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ripping music from cd: I insert the cd into my computer. I open the Windows Media Player before or after I insert the cd. Most of the time the list of songs on the cd do not show up on the Windows Media Player so I can listen to each song and decide if I want to rip the song. I had no problem in...
  10. Ripping music from CD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ripping music from CD's: How do I rip music from CD's. On my Windows Media Player I used to rip music from my legitimate store bought CD. It's been over 6 months since I ripped my last cd. I try to get info from all support areas in Microsoft, nothing works. Would someone help me....