Windows 10: When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list

Discus and support When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls? [Original Title: Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zigmunds Steins, Dec 27, 2020.

1. When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list

If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls?

[Original Title: Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list]

:)

Zigmunds Steins, Dec 27, 2020
  2. SJMaye Win User

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....."

I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my list.

Can someone help?

SJMaye, Dec 27, 2020
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 27, 2020
  4. When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list

1. When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list - Similar Threads - uninstall program remains

2. unable to uninstall program - not in programs list Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to uninstall program - not in programs list Win 11: I have been trying to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is running successfully under Win 11. It is not shown in Programs & Features. There is no uninstall app. It is not in the Uninstall list in the registry. I tried Revouninstaller but that doesn't see it either. Adobe...
  3. unable to uninstall program - not in programs list Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to uninstall program - not in programs list Win 11: I have been trying to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is running successfully under Win 11. It is not shown in Programs & Features. There is no uninstall app. It is not in the Uninstall list in the registry. I tried Revouninstaller but that doesn't see it either. Adobe...
  4. Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list: If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-uninstalled-but-stuck-on-the-program-list/9bc2bf97-db32-49cf-afaa-e935400e3483
  5. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  6. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  7. Program not listed to be able to uninstall

Program not listed to be able to uninstall: When navigating to Control Panel/Programs to be able to uninstall Quicken, The program is not listed to be able to uninstall. The program is installed and I can locate in the Program Files, but is not listed to uninstall. I have heard that if I were to just delete the...
  8. Uninstall a Program not listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall a Program not listed: I need to uninstall a program: ByteFence Anti-Malware. I go to Control Panel, Programs, but it is not listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uninstall-a-program-not-listed/09c82a54-4bf9-4489-a097-eb1a95ba755a
  9. want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program

want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program: while I was installing and uninstalling camtasia software there was a problem that prevents me from uninstalling first the program. then remove it and when i want to setup it again, error code 350...
  10. list recently uninstalled programs

list recently uninstalled programs: Hi, Whats the best way to list any recent uninstalls? 110041