Windows 10: When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

Discus and support When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an original win 7 disk. I remember to I can't remember if I used it to upgrade to 8.1 or I bought it full version. I know I did it from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CapFlam128, Jul 20, 2017.

1. When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

I have an original win 7 disk. I remember to
    I can't remember if I used it to upgrade to 8.1 or I bought it full version. I know I did it from the store.
    Then 8.1 I got the free upgrade to 10.

I am thinking to install 7 on a laptop. Is there a way to know if my original 7 was upgraded or not?
    Thanks

:)

CapFlam128, Jul 20, 2017
  2. donna89 Win User

What will you do when you don't have the installation media on a USB?

That's good. I wish everyone would create back up images regularly. This would be a good thread to share what you use to create images. That's the best tool you will ever have. My mate creates back up images regularly. Thank you for your reply.

donna89, Jul 20, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    What will you do when you don't have the installation media on a USB?

I make daily image backups, so I have no need for installation media.

BulldogXX, Jul 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

without having the product keys available for each OS, there is no way of knowing if they were upgrades or not. When you upgrade one Windows version to the next, you do NOT gain any extra licenses.

NavyLCDR, Jul 20, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    If your Windows 7 disc and key are retail you can use them on any PC you want.

AddRAM, Jul 20, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Only after removing the Windows installed on the previous computer - to comply with the EULA. That includes any Windows 8 or Windows 10 that were the result of upgrading that Windows 7.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

1. When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses? - Similar Threads - upgrade licenses

2. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  3. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  4. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  5. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  6. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  8. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  9. Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, however my hardware is no longer suitable for it. So I'm thinking of getting a new laptop. But there's one catch. That laptop is missing an operating system and an RJ45 port, so I don't have internet access and can't...
  10. Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...

Can I Install Windows 10 on a new laptop, transfer the license, and upgrade to Windows 11...: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, however my hardware is no longer suitable for it. So I'm thinking of getting a new laptop. But there's one catch. That laptop is missing an operating system and an RJ45 port, so I don't have internet access and can't...