Windows 10: when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice...

Discus and support when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Paid for a new install of Windows 10 Pro and have the key for it. When I download it, no choice of the two is offered. How do I know it is going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Panama Bill, Feb 25, 2020.

1. when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice...

Paid for a new install of Windows 10 Pro and have the key for it.

When I download it, no choice of the two is offered. How do I know it is going to do the Pro install or does it make the changes with updates, etc. after the Pro key is recognized?

:)

Panama Bill, Feb 25, 2020

2. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice...

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice...

1. when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice... - Similar Threads - Media tool create

2. When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...: and also is it save boot ? because in my windows 10 now it's asking me for tmp 2.0 and secured boot but i don't want to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 but to make a new clean installation. so now it's making my usb to be bootable with windows 11 i just wonder if i need to...
  3. Does Windows installation media created by Media Creation Tool contain information related...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows installation media created by Media Creation Tool contain information related...: If i install Media Creation Tool on my Windows 10 computer for the purpose of creating a USB Drive installer for another computer where i want to install Windows 10, will the USB installation media contain any information related to the Windows 10 OS on the computer the Media...
  4. Does Windows installation media created by Media Creation Tool contain information related...

Does Windows installation media created by Media Creation Tool contain information related...: If i install Media Creation Tool on my Windows 10 computer for the purpose of creating a USB Drive installer for another computer where i want to install Windows 10, will the USB installation media contain any information related to the Windows 10 OS on the computer the Media...
  5. Does Windows installation media created by Media Creation Tool contain information related...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I cannot create Windows Installation media because the installation tool doesn't give me a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create Windows Installation media because the installation tool doesn't give me a...: Before you start, I KNOW that there SHOULD be an option after you choose external USB and after choosing the language to choose specifically WHICH usb I want to install on. HOWEVER it keeps saying "not enough space on C drive" and THAT IS NOT THE DRIVE I WANT. I want to be...
  7. I cannot create Windows Installation media because the installation tool doesn't give me a...

I cannot create Windows Installation media because the installation tool doesn't give me a...: Before you start, I KNOW that there SHOULD be an option after you choose external USB and after choosing the language to choose specifically WHICH usb I want to install on. HOWEVER it keeps saying "not enough space on C drive" and THAT IS NOT THE DRIVE I WANT. I want to be...
  8. I cannot create Windows Installation media because the installation tool doesn't give me a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool: I have Box license for Windows 10. Is it better to use USB drive that comes with BOX license or create a new one with Media Creation Tool and why? Windows 10 pendrive from Box is read only so for sure it's safer. No risk of files corruption or infected by malware installer....
  10. Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool: I have Box license for Windows 10. Is it better to use USB drive that comes with BOX license or create a new one with Media Creation Tool and why? Windows 10 pendrive from Box is read only so for sure it's safer. No risk of files corruption or infected by malware installer....