Windows 10: When your account USER NAME is an e-mail, what happens when you change e-mail addresses?

Discus and support When your account USER NAME is an e-mail, what happens when you change e-mail addresses? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; First off, for a company that insists on having an account for Windows, then another account for Office, their support or actually none for the former... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Richard Denney, Sep 23, 2020.

1. When your account USER NAME is an e-mail, what happens when you change e-mail addresses?

First off, for a company that insists on having an account for Windows, then another account for Office, their support or actually none for the former is pretty bad.

MS has chosen to have e-mail as a user name, which I'm finding is a bad choice. I have an e-mail from SBC that is not aging well and I need to get off. If I change my "e-mail" address, is that going to screw up my ability to login to my account?

:)

Richard Denney, Sep 23, 2020
  2. pyro Win User

Replacing Microsoft Account Administor E-Mail Address

Hello,

I recently changed my e-mail address and then logged into my Microsoft account. The administrator account still shows my old e-mail address under my account name. How to I change my old admin account e-mail address with my new e-mail address?

Thank you

3. Incorrect E-Mail Address

What should happen when you send an e-mail but you entered the address incorrectly like accidentally misspelling the name? I always assumed that the e-mail would be bounced back to make you aware of this problem. I have now discovered that some e-mail servers are like black holes and they will not reject any e-mails valid or not.

Ak

alkaufmann, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Hitman Win User

When your account USER NAME is an e-mail, what happens when you change e-mail addresses?

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

When your account USER NAME is an e-mail, what happens when you change e-mail addresses?

1. When your account USER NAME is an e-mail, what happens when you change e-mail addresses? - Similar Threads - account USER NAME

2. Problem over new requirement for a name as well as an e mail address to send your e mails...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem over new requirement for a name as well as an e mail address to send your e mails...: How do I change the name under which my e mails are sent on the Windows 10 Mail app.? Someone else set up access to the app. after I had a problem, and wrote my name incorrectly....
  3. Problem over new requirement for a name as well as an e mail address to send your e mails...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem over new requirement for a name as well as an e mail address to send your e mails...: How do I change the name under which my e mails are sent on the Windows 10 Mail app.? Someone else set up access to the app. after I had a problem, and wrote my name incorrectly....
  4. Problem over new requirement for a name as well as an e mail address to send your e mails...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  6. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  7. Changing an e-mail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing an e-mail address: We moved house last year and we changed our e-mail address to include an indication of our new address. However, I am finding it impossible to close the old e-mail address in Microsoft and transfer any information still retained on it to our new e-mail address. I have tried...
  8. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  9. Change E-mail Address In Your Info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change E-mail Address In Your Info: Hi My provider Tele2 Sweden is ending all e-mail services in February 2021 so I need to change my e-mail address associated YOUR INFO in my Microsoft account from tele2.se to my outlook e-mail address that I already have. Any help would be greatly appreciated Mark...
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...