Windows 10: When your correct Password will not work for System Restore

Discus and support When your correct Password will not work for System Restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Many people have said their correct password will not working for system restore. I have found this will work. Start your PC and DO NOT LOGIN with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheTheSean, Mar 29, 2020.

1. When your correct Password will not work for System Restore

Many people have said their correct password will not working for system restore.

I have found this will work.

Start your PC and DO NOT LOGIN with your PIN!!!! only Login with your PASSWORD...

Then restart the computer with holding the SHIFT key and it will load into the menu and options. Navigate to System Restore.

When asked now for the password it will work as the original login was not with a pincode but password.

Hopefully this helps for you.

Cheers

:)

TheTheSean, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Bastet Win User

System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password

Although I do have 2-step verification I don't think it was the problem as I have been able to do a system restore in the past with it enabled. I also tried logging into my account on the pc with the password & that failed too. I was certainly careful in entering the password. After changing the password all was fine so I don't know whether something got messed up with the original password change or what else may have caused it.

Bastet, Mar 29, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 29, 2020
  4. When your correct Password will not work for System Restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

When your correct Password will not work for System Restore

1. When your correct Password will not work for System Restore - Similar Threads - correct Password System

2. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  3. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  4. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore and Outlook Password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore and Outlook Password: My Windows 10 computer crashed. I am able to get to System Restore but I am prompted to use my Outlook Password. I do so and am told that the password is incorrect. I have signed off and then on in Outlook with another computer successfully. So the password I am using is...
  6. System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...

System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...: I am trying to do a system restore in the hopes of solving a separate issue. However, it requires my account password - I just use my microsoft account, not a local account, and never use it for anything else so I forgot the password as Windows 10 just requires a PIN. So, I...
  7. Cannot System Restore/Password not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot System Restore/Password not working: [ATTACH] Recently I have been dealing with a blue screen error and I have researched it and found out it can only be fixed through troubleshooting otherwise the PC is stuck in a restart loop. To do a restore or anything else I need to sign in and i have reset my outlook...
  8. System Restore Password Issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Password Issue: Hi Folks, I wonder if someone could shed some light on a System Restore problem I am having, when I try to a restore it goes to my username and asks for a password, I have tried putting in my MS account password and my Windows logon pin but get know joy. I have never setup a...
  9. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect": This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and one login using phone number to change my account type . When i finished the job i want to do , i want to change back my...
  10. System Restore Password

System Restore Password: I bought this laptop thru eBay. The seller got the password from the previous owner & gave it to me. I'm trying to do a system restore back to a previous point and it's asking for a password. I'm using this password he gave me & it says wrong password. What do I do now?...