Windows 10: Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my...

Discus and support Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The black doesn't come automatically, it comes from me dragging a selection over the entire screen from top left to bottom right. Anyway before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nick_DM, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Nick_DM Win User

Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my...

The black doesn't come automatically, it comes from me dragging a selection over the entire screen from top left to bottom right. Anyway before the black comes, if I select on the screen it's like a glitch where it looks like infinite overlapping? It's hard to explain. Point is, it really worries me because this is constantly happening. Anyone know any fixes?CPU: i9-12900K ProcessorGPU: NVIDIA 3070

:)

Nick_DM, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Shynx Win User

Unresponsive Part on Desktop

hey,

i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image:

Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my... [​IMG]

Sometimes, after closing a full screen application, windows ignores part of one of my screens. the window in that image is maximized. i could put it in windowed mode and drag it over this "dead" part without a problem. however i cannot drag icons there or select this space by leftclick-dragging. i can even see the mouse cursor.

on rebooting, the black part is gone. this becomes rather tiresome though, and i'd like to find out why this keeps happening.

so far i've tried:
    - changing desktop resolution
    - unplugging screen
    - reorder screens in windows
    - restarting desktop window manager
    - starting and closing fullscreen applications

if anybody has any suggestions, i'd appreciate it

Shynx, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 14, 2022
  4. OldAussie Win User

Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my...

How to drag and drop programs to desktop

I don't use Edge, but I have read that it gives no option about where to save downloads - they are always saved into your Downloads folder. So it would be a two step process. (1) download it (2) drag and drop from Downloads to Desktop.

By the way, it's a good habit to always use the right mouse button for drag and drop. Then you can choose between move or copy or create shortcut.

OldAussie, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my... - Similar Threads - Whenever desktop click

2. So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...: I have tried rebooting my mouse but the problem's still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-whenever-i-am-starting-my-system-i-am-having-to/d7d9374b-08cf-46fc-a005-ca0d1854b1be
  3. So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...: I have tried rebooting my mouse but the problem's still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-whenever-i-am-starting-my-system-i-am-having-to/d7d9374b-08cf-46fc-a005-ca0d1854b1be
  4. So, Whenever I am starting my system I am having to reconnect my mouse again and it's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.: This problem occurred earlier today when I tried opening file explorer, just to have the screen flash black and file explorer being difficult to open. I tried restarting everything to no avail. The longer I tried fixing this issue the more I realized that it's not just file...
  6. Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I right-click my mouse I get a flash of black.: This problem occurred earlier today when I tried opening file explorer, just to have the screen flash black and file explorer being difficult to open. I tried restarting everything to no avail. The longer I tried fixing this issue the more I realized that it's not just file...
  7. Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I am in my desktop and I click and drag my mouse over the screen, parts of my...: The black doesn't come automatically, it comes from me dragging a selection over the entire screen from top left to bottom right. Anyway before the black comes, if I select on the screen it's like a glitch where it looks like infinite overlapping? It's hard to explain. Point...
  8. Cannot click a part of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click a part of my screen: There is a certain part of my screen, quite close to the bottom, that I cannot click with my trackpad. My mouse hovers over it, but when I click anything there nothing happens. I don't know what my computer is sorry . Please fix this thank you!...
  9. Cannot click a part of my screen

Cannot click a part of my screen: There is a certain part of my screen, quite close to the bottom, that I cannot click with my trackpad. My mouse hovers over it, but when I click anything there nothing happens. I don't know what my computer is sorry . Please fix this thank you!...
  10. Mouse is stuck on scrolling whenever I right click anywhere in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse is stuck on scrolling whenever I right click anywhere in my desktop: Title is really explains it. When I right click anywhere in my desktop, my mouse does the "loading" icon to show that something is loading. But it doesn't go away and stays like that. It's only when I right click in my desktop, nowhere else (to my knowledge). When it's...