Windows 10: Whenever I boot up my computer I only have two options. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Whenever I boot up my computer I only have two options. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up my computer it only gives two options, trouble shoot or restart. When I troubleshoot and let windows detect any issues, it doesn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/essencewhoops, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Whenever I boot up my computer I only have two options. How do I fix this?

Whenever I boot up my computer it only gives two options, trouble shoot or restart. When I troubleshoot and let windows detect any issues, it doesn’t detect any and I’m stuck back the the two options. Tried using the cmd to fix it. Still didn’t work. What do I do? Do I factory retstart?

submitted by /u/essencewhoops
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/essencewhoops, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jun 7, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Whenever I boot up my computer I only have two options. How do I fix this?

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I boot up my computer I only have two options. How do I fix this?

1. Whenever I boot up my computer I only have two options. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Whenever boot computer

2. How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?: Every time I boot my Venturer Laptop, the Boot Up screen is always sideways! How do I fix this Issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-boot-up-screen/bb46774c-8d93-491a-ae44-b5658632eef5
  3. How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my Boot Up Screen?: Every time I boot my Venturer Laptop, the Boot Up screen is always sideways! How do I fix this Issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-boot-up-screen/bb46774c-8d93-491a-ae44-b5658632eef5
  4. My computer will only boot on the 3rd time I start it. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will only boot on the 3rd time I start it. How do I fix this?: I have just built a computer with all new out of the box parts except for the GPU which a co-worker gave me. Installed windows 10 pro, and the needed drivers and chipsets for the MOBO, CPU, and GPU.Every time I try to start the computer this happens...1st try: Press Power...
  5. My computer will only boot on the 3rd time I start it. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will only boot on the 3rd time I start it. How do I fix this?: I have just built a computer with all new out of the box parts except for the GPU which a co-worker gave me. Installed windows 10 pro, and the needed drivers and chipsets for the MOBO, CPU, and GPU.Every time I try to start the computer this happens...1st try: Press Power...
  6. My computer will only boot on the 3rd time I start it. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer only have 1 Local account, how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer only have 1 Local account, how do i fix it?: So, my computer only have one local account, and no administrators.I can't change the state of my account and when i try to open something as an admin, it only asks if i really want to run it with the only option to respond "no" to it....
  8. My computer only have 1 Local account, how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer only have 1 Local account, how do i fix it?: So, my computer only have one local account, and no administrators.I can't change the state of my account and when i try to open something as an admin, it only asks if i really want to run it with the only option to respond "no" to it....
  9. I have two profiles on boot up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  10. I have two profiles on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...