Windows 10: Whenever I boot up my PC my desktop icons rearrange themselves in random positions.

Discus and support Whenever I boot up my PC my desktop icons rearrange themselves in random positions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It's really annoying me, and I'm wondering if there's some way to stop Windows from doing this. Thank you so much for any help!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MansionOfNightmares, May 29, 2020.

1. Whenever I boot up my PC my desktop icons rearrange themselves in random positions.

/u/MansionOfNightmares, May 29, 2020

2. Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 29, 2020
  3. rgrede Win User
    Desktop icons rearrange at random

I've searched through the SETTINGS menus but found nothing that would either cause icons to alter position, nor anything to anchor them permanently. No recent changes. It happens at random, and has for about a year. For instance, yesterday in the middle
    of typing a MSWord document, the screen went blank, then came back on a moment later with icons scattered all over the screen. So I patiently relocated them to where they should be. Then, this morning, after being in sleep mode overnight, I awoke to rearranged
    icons again.

rgrede, May 29, 2020
  4. m3lis Win User

Whenever I boot up my PC my desktop icons rearrange themselves in random positions.

Desktop icons keep rearranging

Hello,

My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in.

I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode.

I have tried all the solutions available on the internet with no luck, including the obvious ones (trying all the auto-arrange and grid options) and even some more complex ones (sfc, registry tweaks).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

m3lis, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I boot up my PC my desktop icons rearrange themselves in random positions.

1. Whenever I boot up my PC my desktop icons rearrange themselves in random positions. - Similar Threads - Whenever boot desktop

2. Desktop icons symbols randomly rearrange

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons symbols randomly rearrange: I have a Problem on my Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045 Desktop PC.1. Monitor: 3440x14402. Monitor 1920x1080 turned off!Windows+P Settings set to PC screen onlyProcossor: AMD Ryzen 2600Graphics Card: AMD rx 580I am not sure how it started, but my desktop icons/symbols were moved to...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves: Lately, my Windows desktop icons have periodically and at random rearranged and re-sorted themselves.It looks like at arbitrary times, This PC and the Recycle Bin, which are traditionally at the top left hand corner of the desktop now shift downwards. The icons re-sort...
  4. Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves: Lately, my Windows desktop icons have periodically and at random rearranged and re-sorted themselves.It looks like at arbitrary times, This PC and the Recycle Bin, which are traditionally at the top left hand corner of the desktop now shift downwards. The icons re-sort...
  5. Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot

Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot: I'm on Windows 10 2004 Update Build 19041.746 This started happening recently, my desktop icons is always rearranging themselves after every restart. i have arranged them many times as i need and whenever i restart, they comeback to the weird arranging. Auto arrange...
  6. Desktop Icons Automatically Rearrange Themselves on Restart or Sign Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Automatically Rearrange Themselves on Restart or Sign Out: my desktop Icons reset themselves automatically to some fixed position when restart my pc. I've tried doing the theme icon uncheck trick, but it did not work, I also deleted my icon cache, but that did not work. Idk this issue randomly popped up out of nowhere, the only thing...
  7. Windows 10 desktop icons keep rearranging every time I boot up my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 desktop icons keep rearranging every time I boot up my PC: A couple days ago I just came of a game to find that half of my desktop icons had been shoved into the top left hand corner and I don't know why... if I turn on "Auto Arrange" icons it fixes my problem completely even after a reboot but that feature honestly sucks and makes...
  8. Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?

Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?: Ever since the most recent major Windows 10 update I guess a couple months ago?, every time I log in to my PC, a select few of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup, one is plugged into my GPU, the other is plugged to the motherboard. If I...
  9. Win10 desktop icons rearranging on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 desktop icons rearranging on boot: This problem is as old as Win itself, it was in every version of Win and now in 10 I have it too. Everything worked fine until a few days back everytime i boot or restart the PC all the icons go to the left side of the screen and I can't seem to figure out why. Yes, the...
  10. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...