Windows 10: Whenever I boot up my Windows pc it just has a Recovery screen

Discus and support Whenever I boot up my Windows pc it just has a Recovery screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So uh whenever I turn my pc on it just has a Recovery screen but since I'm not like a tech type of person I guess lol I don't know how to get it off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SummerLarmer, May 7, 2021.

1. Whenever I boot up my Windows pc it just has a Recovery screen

So uh whenever I turn my pc on it just has a Recovery screen but since I'm not like a tech type of person I guess lol I don't know how to get it off my screen so yeah? This is literally what it says there's so button to click on the screen to press to get out of it so I'm really confused

:)

SummerLarmer, May 7, 2021

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 7, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Whenever I boot up my Windows pc it just has a Recovery screen

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Whenever I boot up my Windows pc it just has a Recovery screen

1. Whenever I boot up my Windows pc it just has a Recovery screen - Similar Threads - Whenever boot has

2. I just recovery my pc and my pc won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just recovery my pc and my pc won’t work: I just recovery my pc and then my edge icon is like paper and It can’t open and my microsoft store I want to download some thing it say error code 0x80248014...
  3. I just recovery my pc and my pc won’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just recovery my pc and my pc won’t work: I just recovery my pc and then my edge icon is like paper and It can’t open and my microsoft store I want to download some thing it say error code 0x80248014...
  4. Whenever I boot up my pc I get "RunDLL There was a problem starting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever I boot up my pc I get "RunDLL There was a problem starting...: I tried using task manager to delete it and cmd software scanning but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-boot-up-my-pc-i-get-rundll-there-was-a/14fcf28e-50b0-45cd-991b-9231815df1c0
  5. whenever I boot my PC, i get THIS error (instead of login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    whenever I boot my PC, i get THIS error (instead of login screen): Startup/Login issue: whenever I boot my PC, instead of showing the login screen, it shows THIS error: (image link: (zoom in if you can't see it): 100_0164.JPG - Google Drive ) This happened when I used msconfig.exe (system configuration) and autoruns (from Windows...
  6. Whenever I boot up or restart my PC I get this black screen with my curser then I have to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I boot up or restart my PC I get this black screen with my curser then I have to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxsbc9/whenever_i_boot_up_or_restart_my_pc_i_get_this/
  7. Whenever I boot up my windows PC this comes up as the sign in screen and I cannot log in...

Whenever I boot up my windows PC this comes up as the sign in screen and I cannot log in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/2-before-1-for-1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyj0h2/whenever_i_boot_up_my_windows_pc_this_comes_up_as/
  8. Pc just wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc just wont boot up.: So I was watching youtube randomly and then out of knowhere my pc gave me a blue screen of death. Unlike other ones where I can just load back in after it does stuff this one says, "Startup Repair couldn't fix your PC" and the log file is...
  9. A pop up screen comes whenever I boot my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A pop up screen comes whenever I boot my system: Hi, Whenever I restart / boot my system, this screen appears and if I click anywhere out of the pop up window, it just disappears. Pls help on this. Thanks, Rajesh Gopinath[ATTACH]...
  10. Whenever I open my laptop it comes up with this. I open it and it just says Windows boot...

Whenever I open my laptop it comes up with this. I open it and it just says Windows boot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TG24129 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv7jhh/whenever_i_open_my_laptop_it_comes_up_with_this_i/