Windows 10: whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact...

Discus and support whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_get_zero_bitches [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/i_get_zero_bitches, Feb 19, 2023.

1. whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact...

/u/i_get_zero_bitches, Feb 19, 2023

2. Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft Office files

When I interact with certain Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. files File Explorer freezes and enters a state of Not Responding. Even if I only click on the files once to select, not even opening. I am able to open the files without any problem directly from
    the respective app such as in the Recent Files list or File>Open, but when done through File Explorer they cause it to freeze. No other file types cause this problem.

Some Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files do open, usually ones which haven't been edited in 4 or more years though, but not ones which are more recent than that. I have cleared the history of file explorer, repaired and restarted my Office apps, tried Event
    Viewer, and run disk optimization from my McAphee app. Nothing is working.

TrevorMarlin1, Feb 19, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2023
  4. xylomn Win User

whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact...

Java, interaction with windows explorer

I'm in the middle of coding a small project which involves needing an integrated file explorer similar to that of windows explorer.

As java doesn't contain this feature in its libraries i'm coding it from scratch and its almost done bar one thing....

I need to be able to drag file(s) from windows explorer into the file viewer I have made so the files can be copied...

What I don't know how to do is construct an appropriate listener to detect when files are 'dropped' onto the file explorer window so i can read their paths.

Any ideas?

xylomn, Feb 19, 2023
Thema:

whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact...

1. whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact... - Similar Threads - whenever click file

2. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  3. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  4. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever I right click on a program in file explorer it crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I right click on a program in file explorer it crashes: So if I go on File Explorer and I wanna right click on a program File Explorer just crashes, and it's pretty annoying here is a video: https://streamable.com/zq92ea I hate this because I can barely do anything. Please help....
  6. Whenever I click "Move To," my file explorer freezes and becomes unusable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I click "Move To," my file explorer freezes and becomes unusable.: Hi Reddit! Whenever I click "Move To" to move a file, my file explorer freezes and cannot be used. Is there any way you could help me fix this issue? I would prefer not to do a factory reset as I have 100GB+ worth of files. Thank you. I have attached a video. submitted by...
  7. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245
  8. File explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file. If I left click it opens fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file. If I left click it opens fine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jorda_jorda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e92tl6/file_explorer_crashes_whenever_i_right_click_on_a/
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...: When I interact with certain Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. files File Explorer freezes and enters a state of Not Responding. Even if I only click on the files once to select, not even opening. I am able to open the files without any problem directly from the respective app...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file: Hi all! I just upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago and so far I haven't had any troubles with it. However, to my surprise, I encountered a problem that is rather annoying to deal with. Just now I was about to check the file size of a certain document, but when I right clicked...