Windows 10: whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu

Discus and support whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu in Cortana to solve the problem; Taskbar is shown but whenever I click on the start button or the search it wont open.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Khristian Migues, Jan 7, 2021.

1. whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu

Taskbar is shown but whenever I click on the start button or the search it wont open.

:)

Khristian Migues, Jan 7, 2021
  2. link626 Win User

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

link626, Jan 7, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 7, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu

Start Menu

Hi,

To pin a website to Start, see the steps below:

• Click on the ellipsis button (three vertical dots) at the upper-right corner of the page >
      Pin this page to Start.
    • After doing that, the page should show up on the Start menu as one of the tiles.

Let us know what happens after following the steps.

John Sarc, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu

1. whenever I click on the start button in the corner it doesn't open the start menu - Similar Threads - whenever click start

2. Microsoft Store doesn't open when I click it in the Start menu.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store doesn't open when I click it in the Start menu.: It worked for a long while, but last year stopped working. For some reason aswell, when I search up "Microsoft Store" in the Start menu thing, the icon is just that image icon Windows has in the file browser. Also a bunch of stuff in the Start menu like "Sketchbook" and the...
  3. Microsoft Store doesn't open when I click it in the Start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store doesn't open when I click it in the Start menu.: It worked for a long while, but last year stopped working. For some reason aswell, when I search up "Microsoft Store" in the Start menu thing, the icon is just that image icon Windows has in the file browser. Also a bunch of stuff in the Start menu like "Sketchbook" and the...
  4. Microsoft Store doesn't open when I click it in the Start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever,I click start button ,it opens very late.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever,I click start button ,it opens very late.: Whenever, I click start button ,it opens very late. But when I restart my laptop , it starts running smoothly .But again after 2 to 3 days it becomes slow. what should I do? please help!...
  6. windows start menu doesn't open

windows start menu doesn't open: Hello, Today my pc got updated with a bug update and after that i couldn't open windows start menu, not even the button couldn't work. I tried many things such as chkdsk scans etc but nothing helped. any opinions please? Thank you for your time...
  7. Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked: Hi, I am having a problem with my surface 3 laptop I press the start button and type 'updates' , and best match is 'Check for Updates'. I try to click it and nothing happens. If I type, for example ' edge', best match, 'Microsoft Edge Browser' and I click on it, the...
  8. Start menu doesn't click

Start menu doesn't click: one machine we manage doesn't open the start menu when clcked. when a local user logs on to this machine with Admin rights the Start menu does not work. Also when i remote onto the pc I can't elevate permissions or install our remote app. We can't access things like...
  9. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  10. Start Menu button right click menu fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button right click menu fails: I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the menu is accessed by the other...