Windows 10: Whenever I close my laptop and then open it again, the wifi gets disconnected and it shows...

Discus and support Whenever I close my laptop and then open it again, the wifi gets disconnected and it shows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/V_HarishSundar [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/V_HarishSundar, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Whenever I close my laptop and then open it again, the wifi gets disconnected and it shows...

/u/V_HarishSundar, Jan 16, 2020

2. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

[table][tr][td]Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

Matthewryaio, Jan 16, 2020
  3. WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

Hey Everyone!

I have a HP pavilion ab221tx laptop. The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl8723BE. I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close & may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects. By the time I open the lid and the display turns on,the wifi would have got connected.

I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue/os build issue/setting issue.

I have tried things like
    *reintalling the driver from oem site & also updating it
    *disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter".
    *tweaking advanced settings in power plans (ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans)

I am facing this issue since the last three days. I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote(Beta) & WIN-Remote Control, which enable you to make your android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad. While doing this , I came across an article where they suggested to enable "wake on magic packet" in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties. I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled (ideal setting as suggested). Thereafter I had changed none of the settings.

I have since uninstalled all those "pc control softwares/ reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters/re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans/disabled sleep "do nothing" on lid close & re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close. I really do not understand what went wrong!

Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue? How can I fix it?

suzytmohanty, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Whenever I close my laptop and then open it again, the wifi gets disconnected and it shows...

WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

Just to add some info, when I try to open a new tab in Chrome it often says "not responding" then the wifi will shut off, forcing me to close and reopen my laptop. Really desperate for help!

collegekidhelp, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I close my laptop and then open it again, the wifi gets disconnected and it shows...

1. Whenever I close my laptop and then open it again, the wifi gets disconnected and it shows... - Similar Threads - Whenever close laptop

2. My wifi gets disconnected again and again and sometimes I cannot even see the wifi icon on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi gets disconnected again and again and sometimes I cannot even see the wifi icon on...: Email: Product: Asus A17 tuff gamingPhone number: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-gets-disconnected-again-and-again-and/8f19a540-a066-4e39-af9c-027c7c5f67e2
  3. My wifi gets disconnected again and again and sometimes I cannot even see the wifi icon on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi gets disconnected again and again and sometimes I cannot even see the wifi icon on...: Email: Product: Asus A17 tuff gamingPhone number: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-gets-disconnected-again-and-again-and/8f19a540-a066-4e39-af9c-027c7c5f67e2
  4. my Wi-Fi gets disconnected whenever I close my laptop lid, that is, it goes to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Wi-Fi gets disconnected whenever I close my laptop lid, that is, it goes to sleep mode.: Whenever I open my laptop lid, it always shows that its not connected to the internet for the first few seconds, after which it connects automatically to my wifi. I am running windows 11 and have enabled all 6 options for best power efficiency. I tried troubleshooting but it...
  5. Cursor gets centred whenever i close then open my monitor

Cursor gets centred whenever i close then open my monitor: Whenever I close then open my monitor my cursor goes back to the center of my screen. I only have one monitor and use a PC. How do I resolve this? It didn't use to do this....
  6. Cursor gets centred whenever i close then open my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor gets centred whenever i close then open my monitor: Whenever I close then open my monitor my cursor goes back to the center of my screen. I only have one monitor and use a PC. How do I resolve this? It didn't use to do this....
  7. Why my wifi I getting disconnecting again and again in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my wifi I getting disconnecting again and again in windows 11?: When i am trying using hotspot i t is working perfectly but when I am connecting my Wi-Fi with it is disconnecting again and again. Can anyone tell what's happening....
  8. Why my wifi I getting disconnecting again and again in windows 11?

Why my wifi I getting disconnecting again and again in windows 11?: When i am trying using hotspot i t is working perfectly but when I am connecting my Wi-Fi with it is disconnecting again and again. Can anyone tell what's happening....
  9. Wifi disconnect whenever open online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnect whenever open online games: Whenever i open the online gamegenshin impactmy connection lost.The only way i can get back is by restart my laptop.Sometimes it is also not work and need to shut down for a few minutes.I think a few days before i update my windows to latest update.that is what i though the...
  10. Wifi disconnects whenever i open a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects whenever i open a game: I've had this problem for a couple weeks now and I've tried everything. So what happens is whenever i open any game,valorant as an example, I can play it for a couple minutes befor my wifi disconnects completely. The only way of getting the internet back is by restarting the...