Windows 10: WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON

Discus and support WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I set the "close the lid" option to "do nothing" and whenever i close the lid even for few seconds and reopen it .. i can see the backlight in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MedAmine-123, Oct 5, 2019.

1. WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON

I set the "close the lid" option to "do nothing"

and whenever i close the lid even for few seconds and reopen it .. i can see the backlight in my screen .. but it doesn't display a thing unless I restart my computer.

I just bought my computer

Asus:

Ryzen 5 3550h

AMD RX560x

16gb ram

Windows 10

:)

MedAmine-123, Oct 5, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 5, 2019
  3. wenwic Win User
    Keep display ON when lid is closed

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. I have the power settings set to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. However, the display turns off when the lid is closed. When I reopen the lid, it immediately comes back up, and is not in sleep mode. But
    it prevents my security camera from recording when the lid is closed because it records based on the display on the screen. I've checked the Display and Power settings and everything appears correct. Is there a workaround or a setting that I'm missing?

wenwic, Oct 5, 2019
  4. ekeda Win User

WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON

Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid

Yep, it's on "do nothing", but this disappears when you use the hack since it basically kind of disables the lid functionality feeding it with the wrong driver.

It seems there is no easy workaround (maybe disable/enable the internal display driver on startup someone on another forum has suggested, but I haven't tested) for this if you want to use duplicate or extended display and you want to use the sleep function with closed screen.

But if you make your second display (the external monitor) your main and restart after that the lag is gone with Windows starting and applying this setting before loading its processes. I didn't restarted the first time because I thought it will instantly change with no lag, which is not the case.

So, the sum up for people ending up here in the future is this:
    1) If you want duplicate/extended display and ability to close/open the lid without laptop turning the screen off, but not being able to use the sleep function with closed screen -> use the hack
    2) If you want to use sleep with closed lid you have to use only the external display, making it your main (see picture below -> select "show only on") and restart after that

WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON expand-duplicate-monitors-windows-10.jpg

ekeda, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON

1. WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON - Similar Threads - WHENEVER CLOSE LID

2. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  3. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  4. Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed: I have multiple monitors connected to my laptop. Recently I noticed that my laptop display is not getting removed / disconnected when I close the lid. In other words, if I have a window open on the laptop screen and close the lid, that window should move to one of the...
  5. Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed

Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed: I have multiple monitors connected to my laptop. Recently I noticed that my laptop display is not getting removed / disconnected when I close the lid. In other words, if I have a window open on the laptop screen and close the lid, that window should move to one of the...
  6. Computer doesn't detect the lid closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't detect the lid closing: Hi so I've tried everything I can find and nothing is working. My computer won't sleep when the lid is closed. I have done the whole control panel thing to set it to sleep and nothing. I have done countless restarts etc. I even disabled the touch screen in case that was the...
  7. Computer doesn't detect the lid closing

Computer doesn't detect the lid closing: Hi so I've tried everything I can find and nothing is working. My computer won't sleep when the lid is closed. I have done the whole control panel thing to set it to sleep and nothing. I have done countless restarts etc. I even disabled the touch screen in case that was the...
  8. Computer doesn't sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer doesn't sleep when I close the lid: [ATTACH] This problem started recently. Normally when I close the lid, my computer goes to sleep and I have to unlock it. However, it hasn't been doing that lately and I have to manually put it to sleep. I've checked the settings and it's set to go to sleep when i close my...
  9. Shutdown whenever i close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown whenever i close the lid: Hello there! Recently (maybe after the latest Windows 10 pro,i cant recall actually) I’ve noticed that whenever i close my laptop lid, the windows shutdown. I know about the power setting and it’s set up to sleep when i close the lid. Did anybody noticed this problem? If...
  10. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...