Windows 10: Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute

Discus and support Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I own an LG Gram 15Z980-A.AAS8U1. I have a problem that whenever I connect it to a monitor with an HDMI input, my microphone on my computer stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spiral raider, May 27, 2020.

1. Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute

Hi! I own an LG Gram 15Z980-A.AAS8U1. I have a problem that whenever I connect it to a monitor with an HDMI input, my microphone on my computer stops receiving input on most applications like Chrome, Webex, and Discord but still works for applications like Skype and Zoom for some reason. To fix this problem, I open the troubleshooter that detects problems with my mic, and is says that it unmutes my audio device since it was muted before. How do I unmute the audio device without the troubleshooter and how do I set it to stay unmuted when disconnecting from HDMI on default?

Thanks!

:)

spiral raider, May 27, 2020
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, May 28, 2020
  3. Dacur Win User
    HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, May 28, 2020
  4. jamos316 Win User

Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute

muting microphone

i am still having the same problem with the microphone reverting to a muted state after restart.
    the thing is there are 2 microphone drivers (for some reason),when i unmute the muted mic driver i can make a sound and i see that it is recognized but not by the driver i just unmuted.

Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute [​IMG]

jamos316, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute

1. Whenever I connect or disconnect from an HDMI, my microphone audio device mute - Similar Threads - Whenever connect disconnect

2. My audio keeps on disconnecting and whenever i reshutdown and reopen it connects again and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio keeps on disconnecting and whenever i reshutdown and reopen it connects again and...: My computer audio keeps on disconnecting, sometimes it doesn't but sometimes whenever I turn off the computer and then later open it, I can see that the audio is missing, it only comes back once I shut down the computer, and reset the computer doesn't work. Also sometimes it...
  3. My audio keeps on disconnecting and whenever i reshutdown and reopen it connects again and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio keeps on disconnecting and whenever i reshutdown and reopen it connects again and...: My computer audio keeps on disconnecting, sometimes it doesn't but sometimes whenever I turn off the computer and then later open it, I can see that the audio is missing, it only comes back once I shut down the computer, and reset the computer doesn't work. Also sometimes it...
  4. My audio keeps on disconnecting and whenever i reshutdown and reopen it connects again and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pc freezes whenever a audio device connects/disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes whenever a audio device connects/disconnects: So, i run into this problem at times, because my audio device is connected via bluetooth, and sometimes it disconnects i guess sometimes there is interference? and that causes the pc to freeze momentarily 2-3 secs and then after a little bit, it connects again automatically...
  6. Pc freezes whenever a audio device connects/disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc freezes whenever a audio device connects/disconnects: So, i run into this problem at times, because my audio device is connected via bluetooth, and sometimes it disconnects i guess sometimes there is interference? and that causes the pc to freeze momentarily 2-3 secs and then after a little bit, it connects again automatically...
  7. Pc freezes whenever a audio device connects/disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Get notification whenever audio jack device disconnected?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get notification whenever audio jack device disconnected?: I have a dell laptop Dell Latitude 3190 loaned to me for the year, preused. Now Iisten to music a lot these days, so I have a few songs and a few sets of earphones. However, this laptop has an issue with the audio jack. The port is real finicky when it comes to keeping a...
  9. Onscreen device mutes my audio.

Onscreen device mutes my audio.: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  10. Microphone / Audio Disconnection

Microphone / Audio Disconnection: Hello! I'm currently having some issues with my microphone & speaker that I'd love to get some help on as it feels like I've tried everything already. Description of the issue: Microphone seems to work fine, then randomly it will stop picking up audio. Only way to fix is to...