Windows 10: Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something

Discus and support Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something I just want to open it up regularly[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ayan Saif, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Ayan Saif Win User

Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something

Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something I just want to open it up regularly Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something c208630a-0d2a-4099-974b-18f3a505c0cf?upload=true.png

:)

Ayan Saif, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something

1. Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something - Similar Threads - Whenever download something

2. something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something: it keeps popping up every time i do something in games or writing a message, anything reallyit is this thing on the right side on the screenshot...
  3. something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something: it keeps popping up every time i do something in games or writing a message, anything reallyit is this thing on the right side on the screenshot...
  4. Whenever I open Bing and search for something it gives me an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open Bing and search for something it gives me an error: So when I open Bing and search an error message comes up about my connection. My connection is PERFECTLY fine or I’m pretty sure it is. I recently downloaded AMD adrenaline that may be the cause I didn’t download google Firefox is giving me another error message and opera...
  5. Whenever I open Bing and search for something it gives me an error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I open Bing and search for something it gives me an error: So when I open Bing and search an error message comes up about my connection. My connection is PERFECTLY fine or I’m pretty sure it is. I recently downloaded AMD adrenaline that may be the cause I didn’t download google Firefox is giving me another error message and opera...
  6. Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed: Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed. I aslo cant turn on my microsoft defender anti virus, I have tried changing the value to 1 ive tried uninstalling all other anti virus things nothing has worked...
  7. Disk Usage 100% whenever i open something or do something.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage 100% whenever i open something or do something.: Like the caption says, everytime i open a program or uninstall a program the disk usage rises up to 100% and im pretty sure it's like that when i talk on discord and play games too. I tried disabling the search and sysmain i tried updating windows (although it keeps showing...
  8. trying to download something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to download something: you see I'm trying to download a animation program called Macromedia Flash (adobe flash player) but idk which site to download it from I tried to download it on few sites but it seem to say it was not safe to download or not commonly downloaded since its a exe file I'm not...
  9. somethings prevent me to download the October update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    somethings prevent me to download the October update.: I'm an insider. Release preview. I attempted to check the update and it keeps: "Feature update to windows 10, version 1809. downloading 0%->pending install->we can't install some updates because some updates are in progress. Restart your computer may help... The update has...
  10. Something Happened to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Something Happened to me: Hello, With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download an ISO to burn to a DVD for later installation. Unfortunately when it is run it goes to a "Something Happened" message and...