Windows 10: Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart...

Discus and support Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am an user who loves to personalise his computer, but whenever I change my cursor (making custom themes using .cur files) it just comes back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Andros1510Ro, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart...

Hi, I am an user who loves to personalise his computer, but whenever I change my cursor (making custom themes using .cur files) it just comes back to default whever I restart/shut down. What can I do to make the cursor theme be permanent?

(I apologise if this isn't the correct fair or subreddit for this question)

submitted by /u/Andros1510Ro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Andros1510Ro, Apr 6, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart... :confused:*Mad Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Cake5 Win User
    Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart...

Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart... :) Thanks

jareinertson, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart...

1. Whenever I edit how my cursor looks, it switches to default everytime I shut down/restart... - Similar Threads - Whenever edit cursor

2. Wen i restart or shut down my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wen i restart or shut down my laptop: Windows Script HostScript: C:\Users\aloqa\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbsLine Line: 31Char: 1Operation did not complete successfully becauseError: the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.Code: 800700E1 Source:null...
  3. PC Shut Down Everytime I open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shut Down Everytime I open: Does Anybody know how to fix this problem?DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: dwm.exeApplication Version: 10.0.19041.746Application Timestamp: 6be51595Fault Module Name:...
  4. PC Shut Down Everytime I open

PC Shut Down Everytime I open: Does Anybody know how to fix this problem?DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: dwm.exeApplication Version: 10.0.19041.746Application Timestamp: 6be51595Fault Module Name:...
  5. PC Shut Down Everytime I open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls.

everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls.: everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls. Therefore not allowing me to use my camera.. this is particularly frustrating. I then have to go to the microsoft store and re-install the NVIDIA and then disable my camera and then enable my camera....
  7. everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls.: everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls. Therefore not allowing me to use my camera.. this is particularly frustrating. I then have to go to the microsoft store and re-install the NVIDIA and then disable my camera and then enable my camera....
  8. everytime i restart/shut down my laptop NVIDIA control panel uninstalls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My laptop restarts after I shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop restarts after I shut down: I tried the solution given in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-restarts-automatically-after-shutdown/d975e3ec-4944-4849-9596-e2429246f48a I did steps 1 and 2 but could not find the power management tab as mentioned in step 3. My laptop...
  10. My laptop shuts down whenever I touch it!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shuts down whenever I touch it!!: I have windows 10 pro and it was working fine till yesterday evening. From yesterday whenever I touch or put my hand beside my touchpad my laptop shuts down immediately and when i try to re-start it blue screen appears. But the funny thing is this that this shut down thing...