Windows 10: Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of...

Discus and support Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to launch games from launchers like Curseforge, Epic games and Etc. The windows settings app opens instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HelpmePlsiluwerbulhewr, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of...

Whenever I try to launch games from launchers like Curseforge, Epic games and Etc. The windows settings app opens instead

:)

HelpmePlsiluwerbulhewr, Dec 1, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

Hello,

When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads"
    I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it

Normally the .EXE is supposed to start the installation... not to open internet explorer...

How to instal my program without going through internet exlporer ?

Tank you

Tom

Tomywho005, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of...

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of...

1. Whenever i open launch some certain applications it opens the windows settings instead of... - Similar Threads - Whenever open launch

2. Problem opening certain applications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem opening certain applications.: Recently, something has happened on my computer which has prevented me from opening certain applications such as Snipping Tool and the Windows Installer which is used to download other apps. It opens, works for a few seconds, freezes then closes. Does anybody have a fix for...
  3. i cant open some application

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant open some application: when i tryied to open application, it start but it laged and then the application closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-some-application/c70a1d9e-c196-493f-a796-75b421078b03
  4. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  5. "Open with" isn't showing certain applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open with" isn't showing certain applications: I use netbeans to open java files for coding and wanted to check my code in text edit before turning it in. Now I can't switch the files back to netbeans because it isn't showing up in the "open with" tab. submitted by /u/Sigueson [link] [comments]...
  6. Opening settings application

Opening settings application: I have trouble in opening settings application in my PC. please show some alternative to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-settings-application/65b05243-dbf2-41e8-809f-4c9c536199be
  7. Opening of settings Application

Opening of settings Application: I have been trying to open my settings for a while, but it went into vain. I referred the Internet saying that the device needs to be restarted. I can't do that because there is another Operating system in my pc. If I reset my PC, then the other will be lost. Please provide...
  8. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  9. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Support
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  10. I cant open Some Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant open Some Applications: Hello , when i try to open an app , i get this error message How to Fix it Please See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Exception: Error calling...