Windows 10: Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated...

Discus and support Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; But when I open the settings, then manage accounts, click on my acct that allegedly needs to be updated, I put in my password and the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LouisPhilippe1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated...

But when I open the settings, then manage accounts, click on my acct that allegedly needs to be updated, I put in my password and the message disappears and goes back to my inbox. So, I hit sync and it just searches indefinitely. My MAIL program is not retrieving new mail, but I can access it through Spectrum's webmail.

So the question is what do I need to do to get my MAIL program working right?

:)

LouisPhilippe1, Apr 6, 2020

2. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 6, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated...

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated...

1. Whenever I open MAIL, I get a message that my settings are out of date and need to updated... - Similar Threads - Whenever open MAIL

2. I get the message that my iCloud settings are out of date when opening my Windows 11 Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get the message that my iCloud settings are out of date when opening my Windows 11 Calendar: I get the message that my iCloud settings are out of date when opening my Windows 11 Calendar.There are no errors reported at iCloud or appleid.apple.comLooking at past issues around the 'settings out of date' problem for other applications there doesn't seem to be a simple...
  3. I get the message that my iCloud settings are out of date when opening my Windows 11 Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get the message that my iCloud settings are out of date when opening my Windows 11 Calendar: I get the message that my iCloud settings are out of date when opening my Windows 11 Calendar.There are no errors reported at iCloud or appleid.apple.comLooking at past issues around the 'settings out of date' problem for other applications there doesn't seem to be a simple...
  4. Mail settings "out of date"

Mail settings "out of date": So I've been having this issue for a while, but it says I have to Fix my account and I have to type a password in, I have no idea what password I have to use, and I have tried many....
  5. Mail settings "out of date"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail settings "out of date": So I've been having this issue for a while, but it says I have to Fix my account and I have to type a password in, I have no idea what password I have to use, and I have tried many....
  6. mail settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail settings out of date: since upgrading windows 10, I am unable to access my yahoo mail. After entering my password , and verifying it with a code sent to my phone there is an error message. The error code is 0x8019019a How can I fix this problem?...
  7. keep getting a message saying that my aol mail setting are out of date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keep getting a message saying that my aol mail setting are out of date: when I get the "AOL mail setting are out of date", I click on the message which prompts me to enter my password. I enter my aol password and hit save. then when I try to sync the account, I get a message saying that it could not sync my account...
  8. Keep on getting error message "your 'mail' account settings are out of date"

Keep on getting error message "your 'mail' account settings are out of date": Hi, I've been trying to add my work email account on my desktop but kept on getting error message "your 'mail' account settings are out of date". I even tried many times 'updating' the password when prompted (Attention required: Pls. update the password for this account)....
  9. mail settings out of date

mail settings out of date: i keep getting a message that says "your gmail account settings are out of date"...how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-settings-out-of-date/8261a62b-c440-4b17-8530-afbbd7d2ead1
  10. I keep getting message that my msn is out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep getting message that my msn is out of date: How can I update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-keep-getting-message-that-my-msn-is-out-of-date/ffc3f5ec-15ba-4cba-b66a-aadec41aa4a3